Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Important Suggestion: Increasing CM+ Power/Authority
Information 
Alright, I guess people can already tell what this will be about. So let me get straight to the point.

I would suggest for Chat Masters and above to have their power increased. Currently CM, SCM, GM and GA all have the same power which is a mere 15 minutes chat ban. Below will be suggestions which I believe would help organise the moderation authority and make it more 'realistic'.

Authority/Power of each title:
  • CM = Nothing much will change for CM. They should be able to delete chat messages and option when banning. For example, when a CM presses the ban button then the small window which only says "Ban player" will be changed to "How long would you like to ban this player?" and the options will be 15min and 30min. CMs can't straight away go for the 30min chat ban unless the player keeps repeating the offense.
  • SCM = Here is where somethings will change. SCM means Super Chat Master, which is HIGHER authority than CM so of course the powers of SCM will be greater than the CM. SCM will be able to delete messages and have the options of banning like the CM however with more timing. For example, the option of SCM can go up from 15mins to 2 hours. "How long would you like to ban the user from the chat?" 15mins, 30mins, 1 hour or 2 hours. The 15min would be the regular first offense ban, while the 2 hour will be if a players keeps breaking rules every time his ban ends from the CM. The CM can ask SCM to increase his ban.

• GM = Ok, now we are going to go deeper. GM stands for Game Moderator correct? Yes currently GM isn't higher than SCM but CeFurkan promised to change it soon. GM > SCM. I believe the name itself is explantory. Moderating the whole game. GM will have all the features of SCM; deleting chat messages, having increased ban time which will go up to 4 hours. "How long would you like to ban this player?" 15mins, 30mins, 1 hour, 2 hours or 4 hours? while also adding one special extra feature, which is having the ability to lock a player's account from the game. For example, extra button on player's profile. GM should have the ability to lock a player's account. "How long would you like to lock this account? 24 hours or 48 hours. GM(s) by no means should abuse this feature.
  • GA = GA, the last and highest authority for players. GA will have all the features of GM: deleting messages, increased ban time up to 8 hours. "How long would you like to ban this player? 15mins, 30mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours?. While also having the lock account feature up to 96 hours. "How long would you like to lock this account? 24 hours, 48 hours or 96 hours. GA(s) by no means should abuse this feature.
  • Game Admin = CeFurkan and nobody else. Can do everything.

If a CM or higher abuses any of their authority then their title will be taken away with no chances given.

Here is my suggestion and now I will give my opinion as a GA. I believe this suggestion is reasonable because it will help us decrease / slow down the rule breakers. For example, lately there has been many 'troll' accounts which repeatedly break rules over and over, by changing their ip and going back to their other account once the 15min finishes. This will slow them down since their accounts will be banned for longer and would consume them more time.

This thread will be open to both parties, mods and players because it will affect both sides. Post here if you support or don't and would be nice if you can also state why.

Thanks for taking the time to read 

(All unrelated posts will deleted and the user will be given a forum warning)
Fully support your idea. And that will surely teach trollers some lessons.

And want to suggest another addition to powers of scms and beyond i.e. renaming account. As cms and scms and others are active gamers too, they know well about the game players. So in genuine case if some users need username changes then scms and upper posts should have the power for name change too, so as not to disturb the cef for such small tasks and it will save cefs precious time too.
i really agree with it we have to increase timespam cause beggers offensers are too annoying and they really dont care about banning 
imo cms need to have banning authority
i mean real bann like locking account
(2015-04-29, 06:06 AM)mailmeharry2008 Wrote: Fully support your idea. And that will surely teach trollers some lessons.

And want to suggest another addition to powers of scms and beyond i.e. renaming account. As cms and scms and others are active gamers too, they know well about the game players. So in genuine case if some users need username changes then scms and upper posts should have the power for name change too, so as not to disturb the cef for such small tasks and it will save cefs precious time too.

Thank you for posting and support, however I believe your suggestion should only be done by CeFurkan. Don't forget that players already have the chance to change their name which is why they should be 100% sure when changing their name. This should also be done on rare occasions because if we give it to SCMs and above then it would as we are sugarcoating players. No need for that feature. Players already have 2 chances.

Thanks for post again.
(2015-04-29, 06:09 AM)amod09 Wrote: i really agree with it we have to increase timespam cause beggers offensers are too annoying and they really dont care about banning 

would even be better if deleting account power is given to GA post. As i can see many vulgar and teasing names used by trollers for cms, don't wanna mention them here for respects of cms.

And one very vulgar name is used for me too by one troller. I guess there is no harm in mentioning something that is pointed and teasing towards me so here it is - MailmeD1ldos

Whenever i see it i feel like killing him lol Big Grin

They maybe perma banned but still just hanging up and still teasing us even from their perma bans.
i agree with the idea although the penalties allowed by GM and GA 2 ban a player for 24 hrs till 96 hrs has no point
coz if a player acts so offensively i believe he should b banned permanently 4 good
Charizard Rules

[Image: latest?cb=20120724210625&path-prefix=protagonist]
I believe it is a good idea. Like you said, the rule breakers would find it more time consuming to repeatedly circumvent bans. Increasing ban times are a very good idea. Now if only we could have a more lively chat to moderate in addition to getting some players with those higher titles... (thank god almost nobody gets the moderator titles through the event) Also, we need some better rules...
(2015-04-29, 06:09 AM)amod09 Wrote: i really agree with it we have to increase timespam cause beggers offensers are too annoying and they really dont care about banning 

CMs shouldn't have that authority because don't forget they are the 'beginner' mods. Their influence should be average. Nothing outrageous. Also in the future, there will be more CMs and if we give too much power then it will cause to ruins. GM and GA are respected titles which should only have the lock feature.

Thanks for posting and agreeing.
(2015-04-29, 06:12 AM)mailmeharry2008 Wrote:

would even be better if deleting account power is given to GA post. As i can see many vulgar and teasing names used by trollers for cms, don't wanna mention them here for respects of cms.

And one very vulgar name is used for me too by one troller. I guess there is no harm in mentioning something that is pointed and teasing towards me so here it is - MailmeD1ldos

Whenever i see it i feel like killing him lol Big Grin

They maybe perma banned but still just hanging up and still teasing us even from their perma bans.

I first thought of giving GA the ability to delete accounts but don't forget that this is CeFurkan's game and the last say of deleting player accounts should be approven by him only.
(2015-04-29, 06:14 AM)pharoah Wrote: i agree with the idea although the penalties allowed by GM and GA 2 ban a player for 24 hrs till 96 hrs has no point
coz if a player acts so offensively i believe he should b banned permanently 4 good

yes seems good idea
(2015-04-29, 06:14 AM)pharoah Wrote: i agree with the idea although the penalties allowed by GM and GA 2 ban a player for 24 hrs till 96 hrs has no point

Deleting accounts / Permanently banned should be approven by CeFurkan then we can add that feature to GA. This is his game and we don't want to decrease his player count.

Thank for posting.
(2015-04-29, 06:17 AM)SomebodyUnown Wrote: I believe it is a good idea. Like you said, the rule breakers would find it more time consuming to repeatedly circumvent bans. Increasing ban times are a very good idea. Now if only we could have a more lively chat to moderate in addition to getting some players with those higher titles... (thank god almost nobody gets the moderator titles through the event) Also, we need some better rules...

I believe once this suggestion has the green light then the rules will be changed accordinly to fit with the authority/powers of CM+

Thanks for posting.
but in some manner we have to give some strict rules 
yes your right dz cms will be changed but we got very descent cms they are very hummble and there having some ristrictions which is not good for game 
this what i think dont mind though
and hopefully we got some strict rule against teasers and beggers
(2015-04-29, 06:25 AM)amod09 Wrote: but in some manner we have to give some strict rules 
yes your right dz cms will be changed but we got very descent cms they are very hummble and there having some ristrictions which is not good for game 
this what i think dont mind though
and hopefully we got some strict rule against teasers and beggers

CMs has been handpicked and only the most suitable ones would get it so that is why they are humble and decent. Yes, rules will be changed to accordinly fit with the new authority system. Also thank you for the kind words towards the CMs Big Grin

Also can you guys also state your position : For example:

Player -
CM -

etc etc
good idea dz lol even i had wanted to be cm bt if the player is banned they shouldnt argue with the mods and if they do they should be ban
[Image: 1685761.jpg]
I am also supporting your idea Dark.Zero
i totally support this idea and i hope that this can be implemented on M30 as well Smile

and im good with all the suggested ideas  Big Grin
my noob IGN Staff 
[Image: fc1ria.jpg]
*Credits to malvagioDemente for this awesome sig*
Great Idea
I agree on all points, but currently the SCM can ban for 30minutes, not "just" 15 minutes.

Sooo let me get to the points.
In my honest opinion, and i already stated it on M3O, i think that CMs should not be able to ban CMs or higher "authorities" same for SCM and GM etc.
Eventhough they are not meant to conflict eachother, one person out of hand would be enough to cause damage till either the GA or Admin is contacted and stuff, currently all CMs are reliable, but you never know.

All right, off to the suggestions :
CM : sounds fair too me, not too much power, and it's still really reasonable, with not being allowed to ban for longer on the first rule break, it should prevent abusal, it's the same as banning for no reason, so it's absolutely good in my opinion.

SCM : Is nice aswell, a but more power, but overall not too much, needed, wanted, needs to be done.

GM : i was already wondering why GM is just slightly above CM. Never made sense to me since like D.Z already said, it's a GAME MOD so just like the "Lead MOd" on the forum, it should have more power than the SCM who "only" watches Chat. So ban time is justified on here aswell, afterall people having the GM title should have already proven their reliability and their concern for the game etc.
About the temporary Account lockdown, oh my YES !
There are not too many trolls around anymore, but still every now and then there will come some, so locking down accounts for a small amount of time, will ultimately not hurt the game, not hurt the player but will help to keep chat clean by a great amount, definetely yes !

GA : Since a GA definetely proven to be reliable without a doubt, i would most likely even go further with the power, but all in all the suggestions are good, the temporary account locking is still not too great of a deal (i would probably increase it to 1week tho and 3 days on the GM [afterall that should be a "desperate" measurement, meaning the player kinda "asked for it])
The time based ban is good, afterall, you can't ban a troll for too long, and since GAs definetely have the trustworthyness, the reliability and do not go "overkill" on the ban by the first rule break it all seems good to me Smile

so yeah 10 / 10 would implement Tongue
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
blau good opinion bt nt best
[Image: 1685761.jpg]
I support this idea because when I ban at the momne t its like the trollers find no trouble in continuing when me or any other [CM] is on because lets be honest, 15 minutes isn't that long. However when you and Blau get on they all become scarce or leave after the first ban because they know you can ban for twice as long. Plus the added bonus of being able to lock accounts not just being the job of cef would definitely benefit the game and the chat in general.
[Image: tyranitar_in_dragon_form_by_black_wing24-d47c29u.jpg]

Beat me? Ha, when Tyranitars fly...

~ch17175
(2015-04-29, 02:55 PM)Blau Wrote: I agree on all points, but currently the SCM can ban for 30minutes, not "just" 15 minutes.

Sooo let me get to the points.
In my honest opinion, and i already stated it on M3O, i think that CMs should not be able to ban CMs or higher "authorities" same for SCM and GM etc.
Eventhough they are not meant to conflict eachother, one person out of hand would be enough to cause damage till either the GA or Admin is contacted and stuff, currently all CMs are reliable, but you never know.

All right, off to the suggestions :
CM : sounds fair too me, not too much power, and it's still really reasonable, with not being allowed to ban for longer on the first rule break, it should prevent abusal, it's the same as banning for no reason, so it's absolutely good in my opinion.

SCM : Is nice aswell, a but more power, but overall not too much, needed, wanted, needs to be done.

GM : i was already wondering why GM is just slightly above CM. Never made sense to me since like D.Z already said, it's a GAME MOD so just like the "Lead MOd" on the forum, it should have more power than the SCM who "only" watches Chat. So ban time is justified on here aswell, afterall people having the GM title should have already proven their reliability and their concern for the game etc.
About the temporary Account lockdown, oh my YES !
There are not too many trolls around anymore, but still every now and then there will come some, so locking down accounts for a small amount of time, will ultimately not hurt the game, not hurt the player but will help to keep chat clean by a great amount, definetely yes !

GA : Since a GA definetely proven to be reliable without a doubt, i would most likely even go further with the power, but all in all the suggestions are good, the temporary account locking is still not too great of a deal (i would probably increase it to 1week tho and 3 days on the GM [afterall that should be a "desperate" measurement, meaning the player kinda "asked for it])
The time based ban is good, afterall, you can't ban a troll for too long, and since GAs definetely have the trustworthyness, the reliability and do not go "overkill" on the ban by the first rule break it all seems good to me Smile

so yeah 10 / 10 would implement Tongue

yes GM and GA would be affected the most since ithey will be getting more power and for good reason. Game mod and the assistant and I don't know if I should even increase the power of GA maybe it can be from 1 day to 1 week and that's it.
Also no title should be able to ban higher authority and this is probably common sense so I think CeFurkan forgot about it or was busy doing other features of game.

Overall, the moderation authority needs to change and maybe as soon as possible if this gets green light from CeF

Thanks for posting.
(2015-04-29, 06:24 PM)ch17175 Wrote: I support this idea because when I ban at the momne t its like the trollers find no trouble in continuing when me or any other [CM] is on because lets be honest, 15 minutes isn't that long. However when you and Blau get on they all become scarce or leave after the first ban because they know you can ban for twice as long. Plus the added bonus of being able to lock accounts not just being the job of cef would definitely benefit the game and the chat in general.

I totally agree with you. The rule breakers don't even see CM as 'mods' but as these 'people that ban you 15min, so no big deal'. I believe with these new authority, CeFurkan will have less PMs about someone breaking the rule and he can focus on other major things and at the same time not have too much power because its his game.

Thanks for posting
hmm nice idea but cm noobs at mods hmm some players are cms longer then some scms or gm ga so dont use that word for them Wink
in v3 much advanced system planned
(2015-05-02, 04:08 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: in v3 much advanced system planned

Well rather later than never i guess Big Grin
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant

No.
great idea
ABHAY SENGAR
nice idea
Good idea