Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Universal EV and IV Training guide and its hotspots
Basics: Ok so first you need to know what EV training is :
When you defeat any pokemon or use an item you can get EV points for your pokemon.
4 EV points = 1 stat point.
You can get EV points by battling wild Pokemon or by using items.
Newly caught Pokemon have 0 iv's
Max EV's for a Pokemon are 510 and the max EV's for 1 stat is 252 so you can for example split EV points like 252 on Attack and 252 on Speed and 6 on HP etc.
Full form of EV = Effort Values

By items : 
You can gain EV points by using items each gives EV 10 points of each EV : Protein (Attack)  [Image: raqm8z.png] Iron (Defense) [Image: 34e3wa8.png] Hp Up (HP) [Image: 2vvkm02.png] Calcium ( Sp attack) [Image: 6ego47.png] Zinc (Sp defense) [Image: 2uh8or4.png] Carbos (Speed) [Image: 2n6d65z.png]
Note : These items can be used only 10 times so you can gain a total of 100 ev points using these items , rest of them have to be gained by defeating wild pokemon.

How to RE-EV a Pokemon : Suppose that by mistake you have given wrong EV's to the wrong Pokemon and now you want to change it but how ? Here's where the role of berries come in.
Each berry decreases its respective EV's by 10 points.
There are 6 types of berries , same number as the 6 other health items above.

They are : Kelspy berry (attack) [Image: 6poj1e.png] Qualot berry (defense) [Image: 6zpyky.png] Pomeg berry (Hp) [Image: 250qp3d.png] Hondew berry (Sp attack) [Image: 5156oj.png] Grepa berry (Sp defense) [Image: 2ajnxpz.png] Tamato berry (speed) [Image: 2jtj74.png]
Note : These items can be used infinite number of times.

You can see the EV points gained by your Pokemon at its details page as below.

[Image: 4zun1t.png]

Ev training using wild Pokemon :
So each Pokemon gives a specific EV point.Some give 1 EV point , sometimes 2 and a few commons give 3.
Generally higher evolution and class pokemon = More EV points 
Every Pokemon's specific EV points are given in its Pokedex as below.
You can go to the Pokedex by clicking on the "Pokedex" option [Image: pokedex_icon.png] in the "Misc" menu [Image: 2uzq800.png]

Or else you can simply click on this little "Pokedex" [Image: monsterdex.png]

[Image: x3zpy9.png]

Now to make EV training easier i will list down some suitable Pokemon for the specific EV points.

Hp ev training 
I gotta agree that there are very less Pokemon that give nice HP EV points so it can be considered the toughest but still in this guide i have tried to list out the bests Big Grin

So the suitable Pokemon for HP EV training are Shy

[Image: 67i3jp.png] [Image: 2wqwt28.png]  [Image: 317cghu.png]  [Image: 294-Loudred.png]
Wobbuffet , Stunfisk and Gastrodon-West give 2 hp ev points each.

Hotspot for HP EV training : Route 267 - Energy Forest , an alternate would be route 377 - Capricorn road since it got many nice pokemon that give HP EV points and you can catch Shiny-Cresselia there too

Reason - Contains Gastrodon-west , Stunfisk and Loudred

Attack EV Training 

This one is a lot better since you have a lot more options Big Grin
So the suitable Pokemon for attack EV Training are :

[Image: 621-Druddigon.png] [Image: 520-Tranquill.png] [Image: 4045-Unfezant-F.png] [Image: 67-Machoke.png] [Image: 338-Solrock.png] [Image: 400-Bibarel.png]
Druddigon , tranquil , Machoke , Solrock and Bibarel give 2 Attack EV points each.
Unpheasant gives 3 Attack EV points.

Hotspot for Attack EV training : Route 515 - Battle Fields

Reason - Contains Unfezant , Druddigon and Sawsbuck-Winter (2 attack ev points)

Defense EV Training 

Easy too , just find a map with lots of Vivillon forms and your work is done. But still i will list down some alternatives and suitable maps Smile

[Image: 14-Kakuna.png] [Image: 11-Metapod.png] [Image: 541-Swadloon.png] [Image: 75-Graveler.png] [Image: 544-Whirlipede.png] [Image: 4666-Vivillon-Archipelago.png] [Image: 4667-Vivillon-Continental.png] [Image: 4668-Vivillon-Elegant.png] [Image: 4669-Vivillon-Garden.png] [Image: 4670-Vivillon-Plains.png] [Image: 4671-Vivillon-Snow.png] [Image: 4672-Vivillon-Jungle.png] [Image: 4673-Vivillon-Marine.png] [Image: 4674-Vivillon-Meadow.png] [Image: 4675-Vivillon-Modern.png] [Image: 4676-Vivillon-Monsoon.png] [Image: 4677-Vivillon-Ocean.png] [Image: 4678-Vivillon-Polar.png] [Image: 4679-Vivillon-River.png] [Image: 4680-Vivillon-Sandstorm.png] [Image: 4681-Vivillon-Savanna.png] [Image: 4682-Vivillon-Sun.png] [Image: 4683-Vivillon-Tundra.png] [Image: 4684-Vivillon-Pokeball.png] [Image: 4685-Vivillon-Fancy.png]
Those vivillon took time

Kakuna , Metapod , Swadloon , Graveler , Whirlipede and all those Vivillons of course -_- give 2 Defense points each

Defense EV Training Hotspot : Route 65 - Crawling Pathway
Reason : Has 5 different vivillon forms along with other pokemon that give 1 Defense EV point like Venipede , Cricketot , Sewaddle , Exeggcute etc. and also a shiny-Diancie and shiny-Skarmochar to catch just in case you get lucky Big Grin

Sp Attack EV Training 

Just a little tough but there are a few Pokemon that could help you out , just listed them. Big Grin

[Image: 44-Gloom.png] [Image: 337-Lunatone.png] [Image: 203-Girafarig.png] [Image: 93-Haunter.png]
Gloom , Lunatone , Girafarig  and Haunter give 2 Sp Attack EV points each.
Sp Attack Training Hotspot : Really difficult to find but Route 325 is a good idea - Struggle Exit
Reason : Contains Haunter , Gloom and Girafarig

Sp Defense EV Training

Probably the easiest of all EV trainings because of lots of options with a nice accumulation of Pokemon at one place Big Grin
Still listing is important Wink

[Image: 325-Spoink.png] [Image: 413-Wormadam.png] [Image: 4601-Floette-Blue.png] [Image: 4604-Floette-Yellow.png] [Image: 4607-Floette-Red.png] [Image: 4610-Floette-Orange.png] [Image: 4613-Floette-White.png] [Image: 4602-Florges-Blue.png] [Image: 4605-Florges-Yellow.png]  [Image: 4608-Florges-Red.png] [Image: 4611-Florges-Orange.png] [Image: 4614-Florges-White.png]
Spoink , Wormadam and all floettes give 2 Sp Defense Ev points each.

All Florges' give 3 Sp Defense Ev points each.

Sp Defense EV Training hotspots : Route 449 - Reptile Valley 

Reason - Contains lots of different floettes and florges 

Reason 2 - Has a beautiful and powerful shiny-Cresselia to catch just in case you get too lucky Big Grin
And it is my favourite map too

Speed EV Points

Another easy one thanks to our buddy flying types and by now you must have understood ..... listing is necessary Big Grin

[Image: 17-Pidgeotto.png] [Image: 662-Fletchinder.png] [Image: 397-Staravia.png]  [Image: 20-Raticate.png]  [Image: 61-Poliwhirl.png] [Image: 457-Lumineon.png] [Image: 162-Furret.png]

All of the above give 2 Speed EV points each.

Speed EV Training Hotspot : Route 506 -  Coloured fields 

Reason - Contains Polywhirl , Fletchinder and many other pokemon which give 1 Speed EV point each like Weedle , Starly , Blitzle , Pansear , Meowth and Ponyta.

Reason 2 - Contains shiny-genesect-burn just in case you get lucky Big Grin
Speeding up EV training : There are currently only 2 ways known to speed up EV training besides the ones above.

Using Macho Brace : You can buy this item called as 'Macho Brace' [Image: machobrace.png] from the market for 250,000 gold only.
It actually doubles the EV points gained from wild Pokemon battles thus halving the time required to EV train.

Using EXP share : You can buy this item known as 'EXP share' [Image: expshare.png] from the market for 350,000 gold.
It shares the EXP and EV points gained from battles so besides using it while completing the gyms it can also be used during EV training to EV train multiple Pokemon at the same time.

Note : These hotspots will be updated as soon as the game is updated so no need to worry.
This guide resembles a previous thread made by Blau but with the addition of many new pokemon things are way easier now , also some points were missing there Wink + there are hotspots now Big Grin

Now for IV explanation (Added so people can get everything in one thread and so that they won't have to go from one thread to another )

Iv's are 'Individual values' that every Pokemon has , they can only be changed by making advertisement threads. Doing so will result in all iv's being changed to 27.
These are shown at the right side of EV points and 1 IV point = 1 stat point.
Location of IV points is below : Shy
[Image: 344fw5j.png]

I think that should be enough for one thread if you need any more things to be added then please post here , i will add them for sure.
Thank you all for reading and don't forget a comment Tongue
Thread was made to put an end to the question , 'Hey does anybody know a good place for attack/some other EV training?' Big Grin
Not to be copied without permission from Atharva Sawant in game first.
awesome sawant
awesome thanks ^^ really need this
a usefull thread. Big Grin
nice thread pm me in game to get a legendary reward
(2015-08-31, 06:56 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: nice thread pm me in game to get a legendary reward

Thanks sir , i received reward Big Grin
we need 4 ev in each stat to raise up the stats? because i did put my machop in the stats calculator and i have seen that hp needs 4 EV but both the attacks and the defenses need 10 EV
(2015-10-14, 02:02 PM)Daeva13 Wrote: we need 4 ev in each stat to raise up the stats? because i did put my machop in the stats calculator and i have seen that hp needs 4 EV but both the attacks and the defenses need 10 EV
Check again , it should be 4
(2015-10-14, 03:30 PM)Atharvaa898 Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 02:02 PM)Daeva13 Wrote: we need 4 ev in each stat to raise up the stats? because i did put my machop in the stats calculator and i have seen that hp needs 4 EV but both the attacks and the defenses need 10 EV
Check again , it should be 4

I am checking now and i dont know why everytime it says something different, tried with a few of my pokemons but it's never 4, it's changes so i dont know if i am not using the stat calculator properly or maybe there are issues with it
Wink 
Thanks for making this, really needed it.
Had to go around asking in chat originally to figure out where to go to train certain evs and even then sometimes nobody knew :c
I confirm what i said, both in my game and in the stats calculator it takes more than 4 EV to raise 1 point
(2015-10-16, 09:58 PM)Daeva13 Wrote: I confirm what i said, both in my game and in the stats calculator it takes more than 4 EV to raise 1 point

Use stat calculator when your pokemon is at level 100 , seems to be some kind of problem when it is at lower levels
nice is this the update version cause the next one all the pokes have change
i fight Because that's what i was made for                              [Image: view?resolution=2560x1600&file=MjM4OXgxO...g4Nl93YQ==]
(2015-10-17, 05:29 AM)Atharvaa898 Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 09:58 PM)Daeva13 Wrote: I confirm what i said, both in my game and in the stats calculator it takes more than 4 EV to raise 1 point

Use stat calculator when your pokemon is at level 100 , seems to be some kind of problem when it is at lower levels

i did, and in the game my pokèmons took more than 4 EV to raise the stats
(2015-10-17, 06:07 AM)Daeva13 Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 05:29 AM)Atharvaa898 Wrote:

i did, and in the game my pokèmons took more than 4 EV to raise the stats

The Pokemon will get 1 point for 4 Ev points if your Pokemon is at lev 100 and if your Poekmon is not at lev 100 then get it to lev 100 first.
For e.g  if your Pokemon is lev 10 and it already has 252 on some ev then level it up and it will gain those points.
I got told EV points have nothing to do with leveling up, they change the points directly when you get the right number, obviously they increase the rise of the stats when the pokemon level up, but you dont have to wait for the level. If we need to wait level 100 to get all the raise it would be a bit pointless lol. Plus i worked on the stats calculator at level 100 and bigger and still didnt get point stats for 4 EV
(2015-10-17, 07:20 AM)Daeva13 Wrote: I got told EV points have nothing to do with leveling up, they change the points directly when you get the right number, obviously they increase the rise of the stats when the pokemon level up, but you dont have to wait for the level. If we need to wait level 100 to get all the raise it would be a bit pointless lol. Plus i worked on the stats calculator at level 100 and bigger and still didnt get point stats for 4 EV

Don't try it with stat calculator , try it directly in game it should work as it does for all of us.
Or maybe you should PM CeFurkan for further details if possible.
(2015-10-17, 07:51 AM)Atharvaa898 Wrote:
(2015-10-17, 07:20 AM)Daeva13 Wrote: I got told EV points have nothing to do with leveling up, they change the points directly when you get the right number, obviously they increase the rise of the stats when the pokemon level up, but you dont have to wait for the level. If we need to wait level 100 to get all the raise it would be a bit pointless lol. Plus i worked on the stats calculator at level 100 and bigger and still didnt get point stats for 4 EV

Don't try it with stat calculator , try it directly in game it should work as it does for all of us.
Or maybe you should PM CeFurkan for further details if possible.

ok but he was the one telling me the stats get added directly and for example, i used the berry to decrease the attack EV on my spheal and as you know, the berry take away 10 EV points, my spheal lost only one stat point, now following the 4 EV = 1 point thing, my spheal should have lost 2 attack points, not just 1
May want to update for the speed evs.
Route 506 no longer has fletchinder or poliwhirl.
(2015-10-17, 08:19 PM)ReDDsHaD0w Wrote: May want to update for the speed evs.
Route 506 no longer has fletchinder or poliwhirl.

Yeah i didn't update it recently , too busy because of tourny Tongue
try to check what i am saying on a low level pokèmon
Your post is very interesting and helpful. I can find many good answers. I really love Pokemonpets and paper minecraft. They are so funny.
Thanks for sharing the essential guide to learning Universal EV and IV training for new beginners like me. I will save it and study it.                                                                                                                                      drift boss 1001 tips
En şık Kadın Cüzdan modelleri uygun fiyatlar DeFacto'da, hemen tıklayın!. Ürün çeşitlerini ayrıntılı olarak inceleyin ve çevrimiçi sipariş vermek için hemen tıklayın! Her ihtiyaca ve arzuya göre bir cüzdan modeline sayfamız üzerinden ulaşabileceğiniz gibi bütçenize uygun cüzdanları da bu sayfada bulacaksınız.
Very a great article. I have read many articles but this is the most informative krunker and useful one for me. tetris unblocked
Such a great write up. Please create and do more in the future. This one is so amazing lolbeans and very informative. Go ahead and check fnf , thanks.
This is a great theme. I will keep an eye on the page for updates ovo game
It is clear that the author has devoted significant bitlife time and effort to research and develop their arguments, resulting in a work that is both informative and engaging.
Items can only be used 10 times. For a total of 100. Defeating wild pokemon is essential to fleeing the complex and scoring extra points.
Any updates?