Poll: Reverting it back ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, simply make it how it was.
50.00%
NAH, keep it that way!
40.00%
Yes, and i agree on the suggestions.
10.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reverting Back Rarities
Information 
So, here we are once more Big Grin 

The thing is relatively simple, ever since coming back and checking out what's new, i was wondering about the benefits of the current rarity-system.

The thing is, the way it is, it's not beneficial, I'm going to list you a few things.

The Daily-Rewards. There's no benefit to it. The quantity of things is merely pushed to other rarities, clutching them.

- Ev Training, it's more painful nowadays, due to some former META Ev-Mons being harder to encounter now.

- The logic of it.. Whether one get's a Lvl 60 Slakoth or Lvl 60 Slaking is kinda exactly the same thing. Therefore not only Daily-Rewards are rather annoying, for the same evo line, now being split onto several categories... I can see some enjoying higher odds to get what they want, but it's rather lame from a neutral view of things.

- Hunting, as with above, there's no logic. Regular last Evolutions gotten rarer... i shouldn't have to invest more time, in getting the same result. Peviously, the non-base-form of Pokemon was already somewhat more rare, due to being only encounter-able on Maps in Zones where the Lvl was sufficient.
So.. now i have to invest more time getting stuff, i was investing more time - getting to the the rquired zone - for anyways.

- Does it really help ? Sure, you're able to get eevees easier etc.
But they won't help you out one bit, no sir. 
The thing is simple... The change is directed towards players, in zones, in which you need none of it. First 12 Zones are easy mode, the first 6 even more.
The Eevees won't help, cause no matter what you use, you're winning.
The Eevees won't help, cause no matter what, a low stat, randomly build mon won't get you anywhere in the Zones were you would need help- that not being those the change is affecting for the current players.

So what would i suggest ?

Pretty simple, revert it back... Adjust it in other areas which won't affect so many aspects in a bad way.

All of that is doing one thing :

It kills the feeling of accomplishment!!

Is it really better for the Game in general, if a person spends 1 minute rather than 10 to get what they want ?

How long do you think they're going to stay then ?

MY suggestion would be.. to help those players out, with only terminating a little reward feeling, 

1. Kill the Ultra-Rare class Stat Boost.

2. Increase the default catch chance of those Pokemon.

3. Revert their rarity!
Stuff needs to be bound to effort to truly be rewarding, feeling like you achieved something, getting something you craved for since minutes / hours / days is way more pleasing than to just get it.

As always, YOU decide, therefore don't hesitate to share your opinion on the matter, the changes to gameplay are FOR YOU PLAYERS !

Big Grin
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Agree on reverting back rarities and thanks for thread.
The option i wanted wasn't there
[Image: tyranitar_in_dragon_form_by_black_wing24-d47c29u.jpg]

Beat me? Ha, when Tyranitars fly...

~ch17175
(2017-01-29, 02:46 AM)ch17175 Wrote: The option i wanted wasn't there

post your suggestion here
support  thread revert back is fine

my suggestion in addition which i was actually working on talking to cef

make a slight change in pokedex

like some strongers like slaking gets to ultra rare 

some weak like furfrou decrease  class etc 

so a little modification in pokedex we can do if wanted  for few pokes changing class  

example all evo line haxorus gets to rare , ultra rare etc
(2017-01-29, 08:04 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: support  thread revert back is fine

so a little modification in pokedex we can do if wanted  for few pokes changing class  

nope, we already talked about this and i told cef not to do it back then. Cause that would create problems for newbies and for hunters in general. This new system is good, we just need to fix the drs
To fix DRS: to compensate, simple double, or tripple, or even quadrupple, the amount of DRS events which now hold monsters from lower class events.

Since gold income from grinding arenas has doubled, I'll just say: grind, grind and grind. Don't be lazy. The new system doesn't hurt your gold at all; you just need to concentrate on correct things.

And for PvP people wanting the game to be "hard", well... you failed, the competitors amount is rising anyway. Also, what is monopoly? It's created when there is severe fear against opposition, also inability or unwillingless to deal with opponents. In worst case it becomes parasitism.
Don't be evil - it's a game: accept the GGs and gain more friends. Your wisdom makes you gain glory, not your wickedness.
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17
To fix DRS I'd rather say that CeF needs to tag the Evo lines themselves. 
Sorting by that tag preventing the same evo line to constantly pop up.

Increase the frequency of higher classes.

Or kill the needed battles in general?

Yea abuse blabla

But a reward system killing gameplay?

That's failed decision making,  for gameplay is ALWAYS > everything. 

You cannot fix PvP by making  endgame content rain from the sky...
To fix PvP you need a PvP community,  and those won't come from something throwing everything you want right at you.

However if you still want, create an official tier list for this game 
Like the one Smogon gives us...
That way people might work on PvP teams not being top notch only 
And newer players have an option to become mlg mvp with just their starter.

What we however currently have... is nothing... especially not beneficial. 

So no, cheesing your way around doesn't work,  didn't work with CPU PvP, won't work with how it is.

And it's amazing preaching something which supposedly is positively affecting the game, yet i do not see any increase in activity?
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
(2017-01-29, 11:30 AM)Daeva13 Wrote:
(2017-01-29, 08:04 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: support  thread revert back is fine

nope, we already talked about this and i told cef not to do it back then. Cause that would create problems for newbies and for hunters in general. This new system is good, we just need to fix the drs

The new system is not fine. There are tons of problems. For one, ultra beasts and tapu's should NOT be ultra rares. Second, not just the rewarding aspect but does an eevee being common even sound right to you? I don't agree with everything in the original post, but I do agree that this system has some major flaws.
[Image: tyranitar_in_dragon_form_by_black_wing24-d47c29u.jpg]

Beat me? Ha, when Tyranitars fly...

~ch17175
increasing frequency is good idea for fixing drs ( mysterious man idea to acknowledge)

nah killing battles requirement not a  good idea 

rewards  system dont kill gameplay but since system came into game we gotta take care  its all fine as well 
this system also came on players request 

For pvp i think we should actually discuss all at your pvp thread  

2nd point on pvp "You cannot fix PvP by making  endgame content rain from the sky..."
making those eevee common etc doesnt make even pvp easy even by 0.1 % atm
reason ofc they arent shinies hence not mega shinies

so a mega eevee is no  match compared to power  when doing pvp with end users pro pvp 
so maing this easy system has 0 impact on current pvp scenario with end pvp users

Tier suggestion - good but we should discuss in pvp thread 

and for last statements whcih i always say game hardor easy this game didnt grown in players like it should so we need to find that reason 
game easy cant be only reason since when it was hard players were not much either
(2017-01-29, 03:06 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: increasing frequency is good idea for fixing drs ( mysterious man idea to acknowledge)

nah killing battles requirement not a  good idea 

rewards  system dont kill gameplay but since system came into game we gotta take care  its all fine as well 
this system also came on players request 

For pvp i think we should actually discuss all at your pvp thread  

2nd point on pvp "You cannot fix PvP by making  endgame content rain from the sky..."
making those eevee common etc doesnt make even pvp easy even by 0.1 % atm
reason ofc they arent shinies hence not mega shinies

so a mega eevee is no  match compared to power  when doing pvp with end users pro pvp 
so maing this easy system has 0 impact on current pvp scenario with end pvp users

Tier suggestion - good but we should discuss in pvp thread 

and for last statements whcih i always say game hardor easy this game didnt grown in players like it should so we need to find that reason 
game easy cant be only reason since when it was hard players were not much either

Not saying reward system kills gameplay, it's changes towards a rewardsystem that affects gameplay negatively, and that should not happen.

Yes, reg eevees being more common changes nothing in either aspect, same with other URs, that's precisely why there's no benefit and that on the cost of negative impacts.

And no, since all of those aspects were listed as POINTS FOR the current system, this is the perfect place to talk about how it isn't that way.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
new system in my eyes:

1. not really usefull for old player it only have effect for new player~
2. based on stat? The class ranges are as below:
#SumOfStats <= 330 : Common
#SumOfStats > 330 and <= 420 : Uncommon
#SumOfStats > 420 and <= 510 : Rare
#SumOfStats > 510 : Ultra Rare
3. easy hunting
4. rip bazaar

reason:
1. 0.05 (+0.01) in shiny event make old player only interested with shiny. we can catch more than 10 shiny in a day~ who care with common or ultra rare? :p

2. we ignore abilities now? and a strong sweeper with high atk/sp atk and speed is common? like ch say: There are tons of problems~

3. easy hunting = easy to found good pokemon too~ like blau say: "How long do you think they're going to stay then ?" no need word to answer just see m3o blau! rofl

4. 0.05(+0.01) make shiny price down. starter have same price with shiny.
price all pokemon with common form is become 100 now. but if u catch common pokemon and evolve to ultrarare u got a high price, it abused system or not? (longtimeago a famous cm tell me it abused system idk it only for stab me or really ambused system since new system support it now)Huh .

so i support reverting back rarities~ but 0.05(+0.01) is too high Angel
(2017-01-29, 09:51 PM)jecklin Wrote: new system in my eyes:

1. not really usefull for old player it only have effect for new player~
2. based on stat? The class ranges are as below:
#SumOfStats <= 330 : Common
#SumOfStats > 330 and <= 420 : Uncommon
#SumOfStats > 420 and <= 510 : Rare
#SumOfStats > 510 : Ultra Rare
3. easy hunting
4. rip bazaar

reason:
1. 0.05 (+0.01) in shiny event make old player only interested with shiny. we can catch more than 10 shiny in a day~ who care with common or ultra rare? :p

2. we ignore abilities now? and a strong sweeper with high atk/sp atk and speed is common? like ch say: There are tons of problems~

3. easy hunting = easy to found good pokemon too~ like blau say: "How long do you think they're going to stay then ?" no need word to answer just see m3o blau! rofl

4. 0.05(+0.01) make shiny price down. starter have same price with shiny.
price all pokemon with common form is become 100 now. but if u catch common pokemon and evolve to ultrarare u got a high price, it abused system or not? (longtimeago a famous cm tell me it abused system idk it only for stab me or really ambused system since new system support it now)Huh .

so i support reverting back rarities~ but 0.05(+0.01) is too high Angel

If people really like the game they will stay no matter what, this nrew class system has perks too, not only flaws.
The thing is, i really don't see any perks, especially none outweighing the negatives, why i did not hesitate to create the thread. 

The main thing is simply, it's  a change to help new players, no?
But how does that help a new player anyways?
A new player would be someone new to the game eh?
You don't need anything besides your starter to conquer the first 6 zones, so making Ex-URs common doesn't help, cause there's no help needed.
And then again, a bunch of random Ex-URs won't help you progress smoothly throughout the Zones 7+.
So it really does not help at all if we're honest.

Furthermore it's plain hilarious how actually good stuff like Larvitar, Beldum, Belgon etc. Pops up more frequently like useless stuff such as fusions.

And to clarify I'm at NO POINT AGAINST helping new players, quite the opposite tbh, it's just that more and more challenge gets taken away.
And with challenge i don't mean grind 1 week to beat a gym...
With challenge I'm referring to steps that need to be taken in order to accomplish something.
Do you really thing getting a shiny is as rewarding when you get 10 a day?
Compared to 1-3 a day?
It's not.
And i cannot put enough weight on the importance of reward feeling.
That very feeling is what makes you stay, what makes it fun.
It's not fun to bash a newbie i  pvp, more fun is it to conquer someone like kun, haseeo etc. 
Someone hard, someone you really needed to put more in than just a little thought. 

And furthermore,  i like to point out, that hunting is pretty much the only endgame content we have as of now.
If that provides no pleasure anymore,  i personally fear, that we'll lose our players.

Whether a player likes a game or not, depends on the gameplay, mechanics, features and setting.
You don't just start a game and say "hey it got pokemon, I'll stay forever".

Now while the idea itself may have been neat,  i really thing all areas it should've improven, can be improved in a way, not just better, but also with less negative impact.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
a 50-50 response on poll 
oh well i dont think it will change now with a 50 -50 so better no comments till new votes come
Poll is corrupted; one sided. There is no option for: No, but improve accordingly what we currently have.
People came and went before this update as they pleased, and they are still coming and going after the update, as they please. You cannot force a person to play a game for whole eternity.
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17
While it's true that i did not think of it, it's not a necessity.
The Poll is about changing the very base of it.
Therefore keeping it that way, keeps the base while naturally allowing to improve said base.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
the ev hunting will be easier

i am going to make update that will make appear rates more balanced among rare, uncommon and common

also nowadays, people does not like very hard core games. thus we need to make it a little bit easier for new players
COOL! Thank you!
nice post
The Eevees won't help, cause no matter what you use, you're winning.