Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pokemon Pets Tiering System
This is a discussion page about a new tiering system that I want to make. This will be very similar to Smogon's tiering system (class pokemon by how good they are like OU, UU, PU) and also could maybe post some sample sets to get a general idea on what the meta in each of these tiers could be like. I hope to get lots of support and hopefully y'all can enjoy this system to "spice" up the gameplay!
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

- Karen of the Johto Elite Four
(2018-09-26, 01:17 AM)SurfinSamurott Wrote: This is a discussion page about a new tiering system that I want to make. This will be very similar to Smogon's tiering system (class pokemon by how good they are like OU, UU, PU) and also could maybe post some sample sets to get a general idea on what the meta in each of these tiers could be like. I hope to get lots of support and hopefully y'all can enjoy this system to "spice" up the gameplay!

hmm that's a good idea
i didnt get your idea can you explain in more details
(2019-02-07, 10:30 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: i didnt get your idea can you explain in more details

Pretty much, its ranking all the Pokemon from how good they are into specific tiers (PU being the worst and Ubers being the best). Though the rankings are determined by the win % of each pokemon (Example: SM Vaporeon might get higher usage than SM Ludicolo so SM Vaporeon would be placed in a higher tier than Ludicolo). Obviously there is no work needed here, and it is something that the players can do for "more fun" in this game.
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

- Karen of the Johto Elite Four
if you make a complete list for all pokemon we can put a tier information to each pokemon :)

would be nice
There is sort of already a tiering system; being the amount of stars the pokemon has. But i see what you are getting at, this would be useful for tournaments. There is a problem with this though, because certain pokemon would be just good if in a different tier, for example a regular mega giratina might be UU but Shiny mega giratina would be uber in that case, correct? Lets say there is a tournament that only allows UU Mega giratina then becomes OU bc it would be able to beat the other UU pokemon...
These Rocks are yung! I said with a posed look
(2019-03-03, 01:36 AM)Helpme Wrote: There is sort of already a tiering system; being the amount of stars the pokemon has. But i see what you are getting at, this would be useful for tournaments. There is a problem with this though, because certain pokemon would be just good if in a different tier, for example a regular mega giratina might be UU  but Shiny mega giratina would be uber in that case, correct?  Lets say there is a tournament that only allows UU Mega giratina then becomes OU bc it  would be able to beat the other UU pokemon...

well yes shiny would be higher tier

for tournaments i plan based on class restriction

like common only

or shinies only

or shiny legendary only 

or max level min level etc
There is sort of already a tiering system; being the amount of stars the pokemon has. But i see what you are getting at, this would be useful for tournaments. There is a problem with this though, because certain pokemon would be just good if in a different tier, for example a regular mega giratina might be UU but Shiny mega giratina would be uber in that case, correct? Lets say there is a tournament that only allows UU Mega giratina then becomes OU bc it would be able to beat the other UU pokemon...
(2019-04-20, 11:32 AM)elysse77 Wrote: There is sort of already a tiering system; being the amount of stars the pokemon has. But i see what you are getting at, this would be useful for tournaments. There is a problem with this though, because certain pokemon would be just good if in a different tier, for example a regular mega giratina might be UU but Shiny mega giratina would be uber in that case, correct? Lets say there is a tournament that only allows UU Mega giratina then becomes OU bc it would be able to beat the other UU pokemon...

my issue has been solved!!
The fact that you shared is very much appreciated. To my knowledge, this is the very first time that I have ever visited your blog. In all honesty, I really appreciate reading your blog. Keep doing other things that are similar to this.