Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discussion New Rules
Upfront,  CeF didn't ask me to do it, neither do I know if he'll consider this thread. 
Although I'm against destrictening the rules, or let Players decide, I'll give you the option.

As all of you know,  game -or at least chat- is dying,  and for some reason rules are believed to be the problem,  since you fellas are the playerbase, I want to see which of the rules you want to be gone, to provide a better chatting experience.

However, I also want you to consider:
● There are not just kids and teenagers on the games.
● Those young players won't know what they do,  or the consequences of stuff like sharing personal information. 
● Chat could easily turn unbearable (it already was till I updated the rules)
● Some people come on the games after school/ work etc. And just wanna relax without having to watch a bothersome chat.

Now with that in mind, and with the knowledge where to find the rules,  I'll let you state which ones you wish to see gone.

Here's the list nonetheless:

General Game Rules:

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Pokémon, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2. Buying or selling gold, Pokémon, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately.

3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

4. Ingame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

5. No scamming.

6. No hacking/stealing other people's Accounts.

General Chat Rules:

If you are unsure if something you are about to say is allowed, please PM a Chat Mod and ask before saying it, or do not say it at all.
One warning before ban violations:
  1. No spamming. The following is considered spamming:

1. Posting more than 5 times in a row (eg. 6,7 etc.).

2. Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

3. Button mashing (eg. weifgubquegvb).

4. Quoting several lines out of songs, books etc.

5. Linking several Pokémon in a short amount of time

6. Repeatedly posting the same statement or question

7. Do not advertise in general chat, trade chat is the only Chat allowing advertises.

8. Random Chat is the only Chat allowing Spam.

9. Repeated excessive useage of signs or letters (i.e.???????????????????)

1. Do not share personal information (eg. Full name, phone number, facebook profile, skype adress, IP-Adress, E-Mail adress or any other info which lead to your persona or current living place.)

1. Impersonation of another player or person is not allowed. Impersonation of Moderators is strictly prohibited. The following is considered impersonating:

1. Similar username (eg. just adding a number, using I instead of l etc.).

2. Claiming you're the actual person.

3. Copying the actual person (behaviour etc.).

1. No roleplaying. There are several topics and sections in the forum dedicated to it. The following is considered roleplaying :

1. Acting like a person or character out of history or anime etc.

2. Giving your Pokémon commandos in chat like "Ecxadrill use Earthquake!", or "Excadrill use Earthquake on Person X".

3. Making up a fictional character for this game, and executing that "role" in Chat. Eg. "I'm the Mixed Guardian, my house is in Starfall Town, I'm battling players for a living."

4. Creating a background story for your character or discussing those in Chat.

5. Repeatedly using typical roleplay indicating things like : *steals your Pokémon* *is fighting Pokémon X* etc.

1. Swearing or bypassing the word filter in any way is against the rules, including : misspelled swearing, censored swearing or abbreviations which contain swear words (eg. "WTF", "LMAO" etc.).

2. No linking to competitor, harmful or useless sites (such which have nothing to do or no use for the game) or any other kind of game sites.

3. Users with inappropriate usernames will be asked to change them before being allowed to continue using the Chat. Ignoring or refusing to will result in a Chat ban.

4. Trolling, harrassing, "baiting", disrespecting and/or arguing with a Mod is prohibited.

5. No talking, discussing or advertising other free2play, MMOs, MOBAs, client based or browsergames. Solely the talk about Console games (Gameboy, PS, Wii, Xbox etc.) is allowed.

6. No discussing, referring and/or mention of drugs/alcohol or their effects.

7. No begging other users for Pokémon,items, gold, PvP Battles and/or trades.

8. No flaming, trolling, harrassing and/or threatening other players for the purpose of inciting anger, frustration or argument.

9. No trash talking the game, it's features, or other players etc.

10. Speak the language assigned to each chat. Only English in the Global Chat, and your Local language in the Local Chat, Random Chat is the only Chat allowing all languages.

11. Some topics are sensitive and prone to create arguments, those topics are not to be discussed.Religion/Politics are an example of such.

12. No discussing/mentioning of hacks, bots, cheats etc. in Chat.

13. No flirting etc. This is not a Dating-Site.

14. If a Moderator advises that a topic of discussion be dropped, it must immediately be dropped.

No warning before ban violations:
      1. No sexual commentary or harassment.

2. No talk or mention of the “Xat” website and/or chat network.

3. No PG unsuited jokes. Examples of such would be jokes including : sexism, racism, homophobia, xenophobia and/or any other kind of discriminating/insulting topic.

4. Impersonating CeFurkan and/or acting like you are the owner of this game.

5. Repeatedly breaking rules you were already warned for.

6. Do not circumvent a ban by logging into another account.

The compromise met was reduction,  not complete removal.
Furthermore, be wary that there are compromise to rules itself, an example would be 
▶ keep no spam, but increase to 7 in a row
Or
▶ keep no spam, but disable that rule for local chat. 
Etc.

P.s.: for the sake of it,  I wish for moderators to not interfere or any user to haterade.
I furthermore like to see legit reasoning as to why a rule should be disabled(preferably with the downside considered)
Of course moderators are allowed to suggest or disagree, but not just for the sake of disagreeing. 

P.p.s.: The numbers seem to get messed up with copy paste,  I'm too lazy to insert the correct ones, so just quote or copy paste the rule you referr to.

As always, follow our forum rules, and don't turn this into a heated flamewars.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Well, as a moderator I see that the following rules have little relevancy in chat anymore:

1) [b]Buying or selling gold, Pokémon, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately.[/b]
2) No scamming.
3)No hacking/stealing other people's Accounts.

Those rules in particular happen (although it's seldom) regardless if there are rules in place to stop them (supposedly)
For the first one, you can't prove that someone bought/ sold/ or traded any pokemon in this game for real money (or in other games in Mike's case) unless you have adequate evidence of it, or they advertise it in any of the chats.
Therefore, that rule is non existent.

The second one lol, do i even need to explain that one? Lets move on

The third one is the one that happens the most often (but still it's seldom)
The reason why i say get rid of that one is because for one, the accounts of the hacked only get hacked one of 3 ways
1) by giving out their account(s) password, or
2) making their password easy to guess
3) by clicking on fraudulent links by the hacker
In both cases, its because of the hackee's naivety or low intelligence (for lack of a better word) that would allow that.
In other words, be smart about your account and who you talk to, and you'll have no problems.

As for the other rules, these are the main ones i think are outdated/ should be changed/or be rid of completely

1) The trade chat rule should be gone, cause as we all know, some players will do it regardless and its not like anyone will buy the stuff they sell anyway
2) The trolling rule, because lol, if that's gone, chat will be much more interesting in my opinion
3) The trash talking rule should be changed. Trash talking the game will still be ban worthy, but as far as other players? Come on, we know some of them need it lol.

To be perfectly honest, the rest of the rules are necessary, because as much as cef may want no rules anymore, there needs to be some kind of order in chat (plus, who wants a nice title without any sort of power lol (sorry art designers)).

Some rules should never be removed, such as the cursing, s-harrasment  and drug rules (sorry if i can't say that here, couldn't find an alternative)
And of course, the pg unsuited jokes, but that can be left for further discussion as to what is allowed and what isn't

I think i may have missed some, but i know someone will add to my reply.

In conclusion, game with no rules will be kinda haywire and chaotic. No doubt players will leave because of that
But the game with its current rules will be too dull and boring. No doubt players will leave because of that too. 

BALANCE IS KEY (i think)
My mottos: A real man knows that he cannot be perfect, but still, he strives for perfection
True strength only comes when you've fallen many times, but not only got up, but came up stronger than before

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR51xtTgM0-DXAH3iRLczw...uDNPFt7RhP]
F.T.B Eli
No rules except swearing as suggested by the cefurkan was the best, people dont even care to read rules Big Grin
Even personally having played this game for so long dont know all rules, or remember them. And also find few of those rules like 6 or 7 posts spam, trade discussion  prohibition etc. seems silly and unrequired to me......

Being a fast typer i usually end up posting 6 posts always have to delete 1 and sometimes even forget to delete as being more busy in game and chat.....

Chatters shud chat and not go for any rules remembering or keeping except it should not get dirty..............
Spammers/Annoyers are easily predicted by anyone who is sensible, so if cms are sensible they can put stop to them even without rules

Rules should be such that they wont give power to cms to bully anybody......
[Image: done_opt_1.jpg]

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin over there.
(2016-06-26, 01:38 PM)mailmeharry2009 Wrote: No rules except swearing as suggested by the cefurkan was the best, people dont even care to read rules Big Grin
Even personally having played this game for so long dont know all rules, or remember them. And also find few of those rules like 6 or 7 posts spam, trade discussion  prohibition etc. seems silly and unrequired to me......

Being a fast typer i usually end up posting 6 posts always have to delete 1 and sometimes even forget to delete as being more busy in game and chat.....

Chatters shud chat and not go for any rules remembering or keeping except it should not get dirty..............
Spammers/Annoyers are easily predicted by anyone who is sensible, so if cms are sensible they can put stop to them even without rules

Rules should be such that they wont give power to cms to bully anybody......

Flaw in your discussion is that rules are made to keep people at bay and moderators enforce them.
As mentioned by Blau above, your personal feuds and previous experiences with a mod to which you now share hatred for, should not be discussed on here thus nullifying already one of your arguments.

Another flaw is about the sensibility towards moderators, which again leads to the question if you don't just want to undermine and make people look bad due to previous experiences with someone in particular - pars pro toto.
If there are no rules that say that something like spamming or annoying people is prohibited, than why should anyone act upon it?
It would mean that you yourself will act - react - counter which will eventually lead to plausible feuds and hatred towards one another.

However, I don't see a problem with a decrease in some rules, as Eli mentioned in his reaction, and also, as you mentioned, up the 'spam-level' (for lack of better words lol) to 6-7.
Trade chat was made for advertising and sales, you don't even need to read the rules to know it, just slight exploring of the icons above chat will describe it.

Like Blau, I'm open to discuss it and will share my opinions if asked
Quote:You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  -Winston Churchill
P.S. Unlisted you can't find me here ;-)
ok, just saying, what about a spot for a roleplaying chat? i think a lot of ppl would enjoy that
[Image: ezgif-2-1ece84c32476.jpg]
I haven't read the thread and neither want to read that long text containing rulea

No games has so many rules ao yea rules should be as short as possible so yea rules should be changed only few should remain
(2016-06-26, 02:06 PM)sea2003main Wrote: ok, just saying, what about a spot for a roleplaying chat? i think a lot of ppl would enjoy that

yup will keep one chat tab alive all the time at least by this Big Grin

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
(2016-06-26, 04:24 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: I haven't read the thread and neither want to read that long text containing rulea

No games has so many rules ao yea rules should be as short as possible so yea rules should be changed only few should remain

lolz true i agree gamers are not good readers Big Grin

The best way to phrase my response is to go by rule by rule and say why to keep or get rid of the rules...so here we go

1. Keep to keep game fair
2. (what eli said)
3. PG game...kids play this game and even though yes there are older players, there are still kids playing so why don't we try to keep it kid friendly.
4. Again...keep game kid friendly
5. (what eli said)
6. (what eli said)
1. I think if the spam is relating to the game and not just random garbage it would be ok.
2. Keep this always...i dont care about where you live, etc. and i dont think you want random people on the interwebs to know that stuff either.
3. I think keep this rule the way it is because it would get annoying  real quick to see all that stuff in global chat or your local chat.
4. Keep game child friendly
5. Keep game child friendly
6. Keep game child friendly
7. Keep because, "Don't bite the hand that holds the hammer." -Blau 2016
8. I mean making less rules is supposed to make more people join...so I don't think you want these new people to learn about a different game and abandon this one
9. Keep game child friendly
10. Keep because nobody wants 10 people a day pming them, "Can you give me a shiny?" Not speaking from personal experience or anything :>
11. I really don't want to come onto my computer when I want to just relax and see two people bickering at each other and making the game stressful.
12. If kept to a minimum about players (and in a joking way) 
13. Keep because we don't know what people are saying in other languages.
14. If these discussions don't lead to anger than I'm ok with getting rid of the politics one...religion is really sensitive though so keep that one.
15. Keep to keep game fair.
16. Keep because it gets really annoying to see that
17. Keep this one so mods can control chat if it gets out of hand.
Rest of rules keep for reasons I am too lazy to explain
But really, I have played this game and followed these rules for a year and a half and still play...some people have been playing even longer so it is not the rules that need a change...but since this post won't be given a second glance it won't even matter what i just spent an hour typing :>
Some Day You'll Leave This World Behind,
So Live a Life You Will Remember
-Avicii: The Nights
i agree with what sea said
btw why cant v have something like guild chat,etc
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT AS WISE AS YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE YESTERDAY THEN YOU ARE WISER THAN YESTERDAY
(2016-06-30, 08:54 AM)THE HAWK Wrote: i agree with what sea said

i plan simple guild system and guild chat channel of course Smile
(2016-07-12, 10:00 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

anytime soon ?
(2016-07-13, 05:14 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote:

anytime soon ?

yes hopefully

about chat rules if you guys can get a consensus to improve chatting rate we can change rules
(2016-07-13, 09:51 AM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 05:14 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote:

anytime soon ?

yes hopefully

about chat rules if you guys can get a consensus to improve chatting rate we can change rules

As per this thread  blau needs reasons for changing and that it itself long argumenets which i dont wanna get into alone with the mods.
Whatever you feel needs change plz do just make east possible rules in game which harm game like the swearing etc
yup agreed best rule is avoid swearing and let kids play and chat independently Big Grin
Some clear cases where someone is trying to bully other should also be taken care of by cms, or if a thing seems out of control, or a case where someone is deliberately spamming or misusing his liberty of rules free chat.

The thing  is simple.
I don't  expect  reasoning, neither do I  have  to approve  suggestions. It's  for the sake  of everyone to state a reason why x should  be changed  so others  can see and consider  your point of view.

If you take  away  all rules, you cannot  expect  CMs to act  independent from  them.
For as it  is already, players  do question every and each  action  taken  by mods.

So without  rules, if we act  on anything, people  will complain, call it unjustified,  call mods power abusers, and ultimately  will quit aswell.

I can  only  say  alot of games i played  had  CMs or GMs (Game  Masters /Moderators) to ensure  guidelines /rules,to make  the game atmosphere enjoyable.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
(2016-06-26, 12:24 AM)Blau Wrote: Upfront,  CeF didn't ask me to do it, neither do I know if he'll consider this thread. 
Although I'm against destrictening the rules, or let Players decide, I'll give you the option.

As all of you know,  game -or at least chat- is dying,  and for some reason rules are believed to be the problem,  since you fellas are the playerbase, I want to see which of the rules you want to be gone, to provide a better chatting experience.

I'm a casual player to the game and newb to the forum here I've been playing the game for a few months, I think the rules are mostly just fine the way they are--but that's my opinion. If the board has moments of no chatter, I'm fine with that. It's less for mods to have to monitor. In fact adding a rule of "please don't complain that the board is dead" wouldn't be a bad idea either but maybe I'm weird that way. I often leave the chat board off when playing as my internet is bad and I'm not one who generally wants to spam or chat often. If someone is annoyed by lack of chatter, all they have to do is say something. To encourage people to say more funny random things to break the ice, I have no problems encouraging role playing like someone else has mentioned. As long as the you don't post more than 5-6 times in a row so that others can speak, and as long as the message is void of excessive inappropriateness ("I'll drill into you with X pokemon (could be insulting and inappropriate in context) vs "pokeball go!" (generic phrase)", I'm not bothered by that. Anyway this is a one time post I am putting up here just sharing my thoughts since it was asked. Appreciate the original post. You're welcome to respond but I'm not likely going to follow up on this. Just thought since you asked, here is my take. It's likely something we disagree about, but nice to bring up anyway. Thanks for hearing me out.
so this thread has been here a while now, any plans for the update? ( not to be pushy lol )
i think except swearing , harassing / trolling other user and cheating with game like buying pokes with money from other users all should be removed :d
also there should be some elasticity in banning users especially old ones(base players) Tongue
besides there should be an option while signing in for game like i read the rules and promised to follow it ...
for spamming we have random chat but spamming should be upto that height so that it would not troll other users..
in short whatever that can be better for this game should be implemented ... better means getting more online players and more players in chat ...
(2016-09-22, 04:27 AM)kane001 Wrote: ……………
also there should be an option while signing in for game like i read the rules and promised to follow it ...
……………

There is the option while signing up that "i have read, and agree to abide by the pokemonpets.com rules", is this not, you are talking about?
(2016-09-22, 05:55 PM)RLR Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 04:27 AM)kane001 Wrote: ……………
also there should be an option while signing in for game like i read the rules and promised to follow it ...
……………

There is the option while signing up that "i have read, and agree to abide by the pokemonpets.com rules", is this not, you are talking about?

true, but there should be a rule page that opens when you click complete registration that has a time limit where you can't just scroll all the way down and get out, idk its just me, but a lot of ppl mostly just click the box without reading it and go on, get in trouble in chat, you ask them if they have read the rules, they havn't read them
(2016-09-23, 12:29 PM)sea2003main Wrote: true, but there should be a rule page that opens when you click complete registration that has a time limit where you can't just scroll all the way down and get out, idk its just me, but a lot of ppl mostly just click the box without reading it and go on, get in trouble in chat, you ask them if they have read the rules, they havn't read them

Yes, i did the same thing too, just checked the box and registered, but whatever the condition may be, i check the rules, precautions, suggestions first before doing anything. But every website have the similar rules like spamming, flaming, imitating, etc. These are the basic rules i guess.
First off, please stick to the topic.
This  thread is to discuss new rules, if you want  stuff to get implemented, either open a thread for it, or use one of the threads dedicated to it.

To the point, we want to get rid of rules, and loosen the strictness of others, to minimize the warnings we CMs drop every day, do that players might find more joy in chat and stay.
Therefore a page to smack new players into the face, so that they don't break any of the "countless" rules we currently have,  is not just failing the point and being annoying on top, it's also rather counterproductive tbh.

Since nothing productive has been stated till now ( saying all except 1-3 should remain obviously missing the compromise met) i will drop just a few, and that  eventho I - as one of the stricter mods - didn't want to participate to ensure community's wishes are met within the compromise. 

I'd say 

1.Increase Spam to 8 Posts in a row. 
Get rid of it completely for local chats  (usually more inactive)
Get rid of all other spam rules (maybe with the exception of one letter/number/symbol)
2.Either allow advertises on GC again, and use Trade chat to discuss them.
Or allow trade discussions on GC and keep trade chat for advertising.
(Allow "check trade chat" etc kind advertises)
3.Allow role playing aslong as it's not excessiv. 
4.Keep every and all rules considering conflicts with players e.g. insulting trolling etc.
5.swearing etc should also be kept.
6.Impersonation should be kept.
7. Allow more freedom for choice of jokes (now that should be your decision CeF for it still is your game) cause sometimes slightly macabre jokes can be funny, and at least as they target  a country rather than an ethnicity or group of people, it should be fine.
8. Get rid of none warning ban rules.
9. Get rid of flirting rule,  heck let players do what they want, certainly annoying but eh.
10.Keep English only on global, except for greetings
11.Get rid of outside link prevention except for competitor sites.
12. Allow the talk of other games  (all of them )
13. Allow Personal info to a degree (e.g. age etc.)

A) Include rules for trade chat.
If it's meant for market stuff, it should be used solely for that.
- Set a maximum message in a row
- Define whats allowed without being too fun taking 

Allow everything except for the utmost crucial rules for random
(Whata considered crucial shouldn't be decided by me alone)

Guildmasters set rules for their guild chats
Allow them to write  it on their guild page
(Set a field they can fill, like with name etc. Shown at the top of guild page)

About begging... welp... hella annoying and from my experience people quit of game becomes too easy. It'll turn out boring eventually and well.
My solution include  a newbie / help chat where they can ask for free little starting help. Alot of players usually help new players.
So it gets the annoyance to a place not everybody needs to witness it.
(Provide a note on rule page telling them to use that specific chat for it)

Those are my suggestions for now, hope some people try at least now...
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
[quote pid='149084' dateline='1474683187']

3.Allow role playing aslong as it's not excessiv. 

9. Get rid of flirting rule,  heck let players do what they want, certainly annoying but eh.

11.Get rid of outside link prevention except for competitor

[/quote]
I can't agree with 3 and 9 because it's so annoying it might turn some people away from chat.

11 should stay it was to prevent people from linking to scamming sites
I see your  point why i made it stricter in those regards, however people seemingly don't want it Confused

With role playing I'm not referring to actual rp'ing, but to allow the usage of what's currently forbidden, e.g.  *whisper to Vegas* you should really agree man.
Stuff like that. 

As to the scamming issue, Hyperling is disabled for all non game related sites, ergo there won't be a quick or accidental click.
Furthermore chat's forced lowercase still renders alot of links unusable.
Therefore if we do it like we did when i got CM, and tell them we are not responsible for links posted, nor do we ensure them being safe, it allows players to have more "fun" while everything afterwards ain't our problem basically. 
Pain's the best teacher afterall Big Grin 

**Edit** do note that I'm just listing some pro's n stuff, so that users get the idea behind the reasoning.
Whether they want it or not afterwards,  is for them to decide.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Starting for general game rules
All rules are fine but " No hacking/stealing other people's Accounts.
this rule ". Its because as per cef u cant get hacked so taking into consideration if u r hacked means u shared your password and the hacker should not be held responsible for mistakes you have done. 

I have seen issues like of suskun whose account got hacked and all pokes were delete but as it was his fault of sharing account the person who did it should not be held responsible even if he had transfer all to his acc.

NOW FROM BLAU'S CURRENT POST

1. Spamming-  i do not  support a no. say 8 given. The reason is there are many things u have to say to something or to explain something which which even exceed 8 and other person dont reply and just sees it. 
if the talk is relevant to game even 10 posts in a row should be allowed or say 20 though its a rare case u go onto 20 wihtout getting a reply 

SUPPORT- Get rid of all other spam rules (maybe with the exception of one letter/number/symbol)

yea we should be allowed to link several pokemons in chat or ask a same question few times if not get answered cuz we may miss out few things on an active chat 

2. TRADE-  i think its fine to talk and advertise about pokemons in global chat but a long negotiation process should be done on trade chat. 
 so yea i kind of agree with 2nd point 

3. Role playing- no comments as i  cant decide allowing this can cause problems or not 

4. and 5.  yea rules should be kept 

6. Impersonating -  if only its for entertainment purpose and no harm is done. maybe we can modify this rule  if community wants impersonation.

7. yes jokes should be allowed afterall sometimes u get bored by hint or gym and u need something to cheer you on.

If its adult jokes it shouldnt be like kids can understand as in no adult words like p***y etc. 

8. [b]Get rid of none warning ban rules. - This rule should be kept only the rule [/b]

1. Do not circumvent a ban by logging into another account.

[b]only if the person if banned by mistake by a cm not otherwise . [/b]

9. Flirting rule - this rules is of no relevance as i havent actually seen any1 flirting in here.
so this rule can be remove

reasons :- 
u cant trust virtual world so if a  user say she is a girl  there is a big possibility she isnt a girl just trolling boys

mostly people dont tell there gender if its a girl . boys share girls dont  so flirting chance here is rare and net to none

10. i support. also we can add if other person is talking other language in global instead of saying
 "speak english here we can tell the same thing in there language so he understands .  be kind :p 

11. and 12. no comments its based on how it is done  so cant say its right or  not

13. support

OTHER RULES:- TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Looking good so far,  also legit reasoning imo.
Keep the suggestions / input coming!
Time to get it done Big Grin
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
NOW ADDITIONS of changes wanted

1. Trolling, harrassing, "baiting", disrespecting and/or arguing with a Mod is prohibited.

Yea mods have extra power but still they are normal game users si  we should be allowed to argue with them if they are doing the same

we all have arguments if we can argue with normal users why not a mod ?
just a case 

i meant why not mods are not gods that they are always right and if u disagree ull surely comment and its is gonna be argument cuz atm mods do consider themselves like the boss around here who can do anything they want ( dont take it personally )

All these kind of rules which make mods superior should be removed ofc they have powers but they shouldnt abuse it 

i see many of users just dont dare to argue  with mods simple afraid ???? this should never happen in a game  especially pointing towards newly joined etc and often tend to quit the game
(2016-09-24, 01:37 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Starting for general game rules
All rules are fine but " No hacking/stealing other people's Accounts.
this rule ". Its because as per cef u cant get hacked so taking into consideration if u r hacked means u shared your password and the hacker should not be held responsible for mistakes you have done. 

I have seen issues like of suskun whose account got hacked and all pokes were delete but as it was his fault of sharing account the person who did it should not be held responsible even if he had transfer all to his acc.

NOW FROM BLAU'S CURRENT POST

1. Spamming-  i do not  support a no. say 8 given. The reason is there are many things u have to say to something or to explain something which which even exceed 8 and other person dont reply and just sees it. 
if the talk is relevant to game even 10 posts in a row should be allowed or say 20 though its a rare case u go onto 20 wihtout getting a reply 

SUPPORT- Get rid of all other spam rules (maybe with the exception of one letter/number/symbol)

yea we should be allowed to link several pokemons in chat or ask a same question few times if not get answered cuz we may miss out few things on an active chat 

2. TRADE-  i think its fine to talk and advertise about pokemons in global chat but a long negotiation process should be done on trade chat. 
 so yea i kind of agree with 2nd point 

3. Role playing- no comments as i  cant decide allowing this can cause problems or not 

4. and 5.  yea rules should be kept 

6. Impersonating -  if only its for entertainment purpose and no harm is done. maybe we can modify this rule  if community wants impersonation.

7. yes jokes should be allowed afterall sometimes u get bored by hint or gym and u need something to cheer you on.

If its adult jokes it shouldnt be like kids can understand as in no adult words like p***y etc. 

8. [b]Get rid of none warning ban rules. - This rule should be kept only the rule [/b]

1. Do not circumvent a ban by logging into another account.

[b]only if the person if banned by mistake by a cm not otherwise . [/b]

9. Flirting rule - this rules is of no relevance as i havent actually seen any1 flirting in here.
so this rule can be remove

reasons :- 
u cant trust virtual world so if a  user say she is a girl  there is a big possibility she isnt a girl just trolling boys

mostly people dont tell there gender if its a girl . boys share girls dont  so flirting chance here is rare and net to none

10. i support. also we can add if other person is talking other language in global instead of saying
 "speak english here we can tell the same thing in there language so he understands .  be kind :p 

11. and 12. no comments its based on how it is done  so cant say its right or  not

13. support

OTHER RULES:- TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

great list i fully support ^^ keep all the ideas coming everyone and hopfully we will get this updated Big Grin
Taking post #24 as base, these are my few cents worth of thoughts.

1. Spam to 8?

If you can't explain it in short, then it's either you or the other. Long spam clutters chat so it will be difficult to follow, especially if somebody else adds something in between. Better keep your long explanations in PM.

Local chats cannot be fully moderated indeed, unless they are in English. All other chats even currently are enter at your own risk... Dunno what to do with those - if you can't read, what I write, you're defeated.

Otherwise I would say max 3 consecutive lines in GC and RC. If chat is dead, then it's dead. What would be that important that would require more than 3 lines?
Trade should be unlimited for advertisements only.

2. No advertising on GC.

Just advertise in Trade chat. And since people live by default in GC, you can use RC to negotiate or Guild Chat if they're in same guild. This would also remove requirement to reapply your ad in Trade due to someone else taking lines to talk.

3. Limit of 3 lines...

4. I agree what kunwarkharbanda suggested

5. Prohibition of swearing must be kept - those words serve no use.

6. What kunwarkharbanda said: if it's for comedy and not harmful, it's okay.

8. The chat should be redesigned. When a mod deletes an offending post, mod should be able to chose a reason why, which is then displayed to the offender, with link to rules - it would save time of typing "this and that is not allowed, read the rules here..."

9. Kids should not flirt: it consumes time and leaves less time for gaming; less advertisement money for CeF. ^^
Also, they are just kids, you do not want them to flirt at such young age, this is internet and they may end up ruining their life.

10. If I don't understand the language you greeted in, I may think it's random gibberish. Better keep all English.

11. Can't do that indeed. Except, whitelist Bulbapedia for wiki about original Pokémon.

12. I agree.

13. Kids play here. And don't allow any holes they might figure out to leak their personal details.

RC should not be allowed to be used for spam.

And I'm also against begging. It's like using cheats: oh this requires effort, I'll skip by just begging for free stuff. Oh, I have it all now, well, no need to play the game anymore. Game over. OR, I'll get greedy and ask for more, and more...
Don't give any materialistic support to newbies. Just share your wisdom and support.
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17