Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discussion New Rules
(2016-09-24, 05:09 PM)Mysterium Wrote: Taking post #24 as base, these are my few cents worth of thoughts.

1. Spam to 8?

If you can't explain it in short, then it's either you or the other. Long spam clutters chat so it will be difficult to follow, especially if somebody else adds something in between. Better keep your long explanations in PM.

Local chats cannot be fully moderated indeed, unless they are in English. All other chats even currently are enter at your own risk... Dunno what to do with those - if you can't read, what I write, you're defeated.

Otherwise I would say max 3 consecutive lines in GC and RC. If chat is dead, then it's dead. What would be that important that would require more than 3 lines?
Trade should be unlimited for advertisements only.

2. No advertising on GC.

Just advertise in Trade chat. And since people live by default in GC, you can use RC to negotiate or Guild Chat if they're in same guild. This would also remove requirement to reapply your ad in Trade due to someone else taking lines to talk.

3. Limit of 3 lines...

4. I agree what kunwarkharbanda suggested

5. Prohibition of swearing must be kept - those words serve no use.

6. What kunwarkharbanda said: if it's for comedy and not harmful, it's okay.

8. The chat should be redesigned. When a mod deletes an offending post, mod should be able to chose a reason why, which is then displayed to the offender, with link to rules - it would save time of typing "this and that is not allowed, read the rules here..."

9. Kids should not flirt: it consumes time and leaves less time for gaming; less advertisement money for CeF. ^^
Also, they are just kids, you do not want them to flirt at such young age, this is internet and they may end up ruining their life.

10. If I don't understand the language you greeted in, I may think it's random gibberish. Better keep all English.

11. Can't do that indeed. Except, whitelist Bulbapedia for wiki about original Pokémon.

12. I agree.

13. Kids play here. And don't allow any holes they might figure out to leak their personal details.

RC should not be allowed to be used for spam.

And I'm also against begging. It's like using cheats: oh this requires effort, I'll skip by just begging for free stuff. Oh, I have it all now, well, no need to play the game anymore. Game over. OR, I'll get greedy and ask for more, and more...
Don't give any materialistic support to newbies. Just share your wisdom and support.

well i agree on most of that, but i dont want 3 line spam, becuz i go over that sometimes just to correct my spelling or add something i forgot without having to delete that whole full comment to add,
and keep rc for spamming its like a free chat, after all were going for less strict atm, other then that nice list
[Image: ezgif-2-1ece84c32476.jpg]
(2016-06-26, 02:06 PM)sea2003main Wrote: ok, just saying, what about a spot for a roleplaying chat? i think a lot of ppl would enjoy that

Random chats for that:p Also Blau I appreciate the fact that u made this thread this helps my current situation greatly
мертвая душа
killer you have been asked before not to double post, can you not edit a post?
just 19 users read this thread . thats the community of game for u :p
also,

1. no fliting... i can see that ruining chat..

2. politics.. also no thanks, that can cause a lot of trouble as well
ANOTHER RULE WHICH NEED TO BE FIXED OR REMOVED AS YOU GUYZ DECIDE

-> NO MINI MODDING RULE 
i meant why if some player break a rule , we as a game community cant tell him to not use english or dont spam etc ??

we know rules and if cm not there or even if he is there why cant we tell the person the same thing

its still understandable if mod is there we should avoid doing it but when mods not there why not we try to monitor the chat ( ofc we cant ban as normal users but can try that other dont break rule )
later when mod come  or was afk he says no mini modding u got a warning 

congratz helper of game u got warned for trying rule breaker to explain about ruels 
(2016-09-27, 06:15 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: ANOTHER RULE WHICH NEED TO BE FIXED OR REMOVED AS YOU GUYZ DECIDE

-> NO MINI MODDING RULE 
i meant why if some player break a rule , we as a game community cant tell him to not use english or dont spam etc ??

we know rules and if cm not there or even if he is there why cant we tell the person the same thing

its still understandable if mod is there we should avoid doing it but when mods not there why not we try to monitor the chat ( ofc we cant ban as normal users but can try that other dont break rule )

congratz helper of game u got warned for trying rule breaker to explain about ruels 

well here's what i have heard, players are allowed to tell ppl of a certain rule when no mods around, but are not allowed to offically give a warning or anything.. other things which may inflict anger by someone mini modding are not allowed, ( i believe )
(2016-09-27, 07:32 PM)sea2003main Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 06:15 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: ANOTHER RULE WHICH NEED TO BE FIXED OR REMOVED AS YOU GUYZ DECIDE

-> NO MINI MODDING RULE 

well here's what i have heard, players are allowed to tell ppl of a certain rule when no mods around, but are not allowed to offically give a warning or anything.. other things which may inflict anger by someone mini modding are not allowed, ( i believe )

if its modified to that its f9 but it doesnt actually happens

-> NO MINI MODDING RULE 

well i am totally agree with kunn when no cms or cms around u help ppl to get progress by giving tips or by any other means but u can't minimod no that can't be every player have some dedication towards this game in different ways Big Grin . cms do their work deleting/ banning ppl or anything else but not always present there and even so sometimes did not able to teach or not able to make ppl understand things properly which i saw lot of times so a player who know many things can do anything which is good for this game and i too did minimod but never spread hatred tbh yup some reports with no proof still those who were present there must declare me right.
later there will be a complete post upon each topic when i get time Smile
You know, there is no such rule as "no mini modding".
The case it originally is sometimes warned for is the way player behave. 
And that is by going offensive when someone broke a rule.
And that is incitering anger and frustration.
You of course are free to EXPLAIN rules etc.
You of course are free to HINT towards rules or SHOW them. 
What however is not an option is to attack a new player or another player whenever they break a rule. 
Furthermore, if the other player refuses to said player, itll end up in a discussion bringing neither any gain nor any use for either of them.
So it's always about the way you do it.

Anyways, there is no need to get rid of a defacto nonexistent rule lol.
Keep them coming! We're on a good wayBig Grin
Pointing out general things wrong in chat is also productive and helpful.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Ahem
first of all i would like to thanks to blau for giving us such an auspicious opportunity of expressing our view / giving suggestion for improvement of chat rules Big Grin
ok i would like to air my view/suggestion over each rule separately in separate time serially Smile
starting with rule no scamming , hacking , using of bot , software to form gold or pokes , i am totally agree with this rule and wants to keep it. As we now this game is extremely wonderful in terms of diverse collection of quest and conglomeration of desirable stuffs which everyone want to bag so its obvious that ppl will try to get a shortcut for it and ignore the hardships of getting it.By these shortcuts wil fullfill their desire here but it will also hurts other player who gives their time / effort for getting those assets ...
also it will strip off their interest towards this game ..
Also like Mysti says in global chat that he was in another pokemon game but eventually able to cheat there and thus left it xd then he found this game joined here and found this game awesomely well and still despite of all those copright conspiracy eagerly playing this game by managing some time after his work so i will suggest to keep this rule as it is Smile
lolzz i want to post on another rule but don't wat to break double post rule Big Grin
So, since not enough people bother to...
I'll do a list.

feel free to agree / disagree on an point.
i tried to consider everything suggested.
the explanation will be at the bottom.

General Rules

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Monsters, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2.Buying or selling gold, Monsters, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately. 
To prevent the permanent ban, you're required to donate an equal amount to the game.

3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

4.Usegame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

Chat Rules :

1. No spamming. The following is considered spamming (Global Chat) :

> Posting more than 6 times in a row. 
> Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

2. Do not share personal information. (E.g. Full name or Phone number)

3. No roleplaying. (Random Chat is the only chat allowing it.)

4. Swearing or bypassing the Wordfilter is strictly prohibited.

5. No linking to Competitor or harmful sites.

6. No baiting Moderators.

7. Don't encourage Players to consume drugs / alcohol etc.

8. No repeated begging or asking for free Monsters, gold or items.

9. No flaming, trolling or harrassing other players for the purpose of inciter anger or frustration.

10. Speak the language assigned to each chat.(English on Global Chat)
> Greetings are allowed.
> Using a foreign language to explain it's english only, is also fine.

11. Some topics are prone to create arguments, those topics are to be dropped once it turns heated. (Example of such would be Politics or Religion.)

12. If a moderator advises, that a topic needs to be dropped, it needs to be dropped immediately.

14. No sexual commentary or harrassment

No warning before ban:

1.Do not circumvent a ban by loggin in to another account.

Trade Chat:

1. Trade Chat is the only chat allowing advertises and selling/ trading requests.

2. No more than 5 posts in a row

3. Wait till your message is out of the viewable section before posting the same again.

Random Chat:

Everything's allowed except for :

1. Swearing/ bypasing the wordfilter.

2. No flaming /harrassing other Players.

3. No discriminating / insulting posts.

4. No Sexual commentary and/or jokes.

Guild Chat:

The Guild Leader states what's allowed and what isn't.

1. Should not be hurtful towards the Game (E.g. Using it solely to trash talk it and to advertise other games etc.)

Moderator Rules:

1. All Moderators are to follow the rules at all times. Repeated failure to do so will result in the loss of the title.

2. Moderators need to stay updated on the rules.

3. Abusing your power in any way, even jokefully is not allowed.

4. A CM's job is to ensure no Chat rules are broken while they're online.

5.SCMs are to watch on CMs aswell. GAs are to watch on SCMs and CMs.

Other:

1.[b] [/b]IF you lend gold, items and/or Monsters to other players, and they do not return it, Moderators are not responsible for your poor judgement. Use cautious when giving your stuff to other players.

2. Moderators are not resposible if your Account is fished or hacked, because you used a link posted in Chat or PM.

3. You are responsible for your accounts activites. Blaming other people (eg. family, friends etc.) is not an acceptable excuse for misbehaving or breaking the rules, you will still be held accountable.

Alrighty.
Still alot, but it's just an idea.
We cannot and should not ensure that no children are impacted negatively. It's their parent's responsibility to let them play the game.
Yet still, we got a lot of younger players and don't have to push those topics right into their faces.

Therefore i kept the general game rules for it.

I generally eased up all rules except for a few which i myself deem crucial.

I also cleared out what's allowed on what chat.

so check it out and give me feedback.

P.s.: Copy Pasted from M3O have some mercy if you read monster instead of Pokemon Tongue
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
what need to be suggested is already suggested so this post got no relevance to reply, sorry
 suggestions werent taken care of  so from no no more post me in this thread
and its useless to comment neither community is interested nor enough enough nor cef has shown interest
(2016-10-15, 03:48 PM)Blau Wrote: So, since not enough people bother to...
I'll do a list.

General Rules

1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Monsters, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

2.Buying or selling gold, Monsters, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately. 
To prevent the permanent ban, you're required to donate an equal amount to the game.

3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

4.Usegame profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

Chat Rules :

> Repeatedly posting comments that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.

9. No flaming, trolling or harrassing other players for the purpose of inciter anger or frustration.

> Greetings are allowed.

11. Some topics are prone to create arguments, those topics are to be dropped once it turns heated. (Example of such would be Politics or Religion.)

12. If a moderator advises, that a topic needs to be dropped, it needs to be dropped immediately.

No warning before ban:

Trade Chat:

1. Trade Chat is the only chat allowing advertises and selling/ trading requests.

3. Wait till your message is out of the viewable section before posting the same again.

Random Chat:

Guild Chat:

1. Should not be hurtful towards the Game (E.g. Using it solely to trash talk it and to advertise other games etc.)

Moderator Rules:

1. All Moderators are to follow the rules at all times. Repeated failure to do so will result in the loss of the title.

Other:

1.[b] [/b]IF you lend gold, items and/or Monsters to other players, and they do not return it, Moderators are not responsible for your poor judgement. Use cautious when giving your stuff to other players.

2. Moderators are not resposible if your Account is fished or hacked, because you used a link posted in Chat or PM.

3. You are responsible for your accounts activites. Blaming other people (eg. family, friends etc.) is not an acceptable excuse for misbehaving or breaking the rules, you will still be held accountable.

Alrighty.
We cannot and should not ensure that no children are impacted negatively. It's their parent's responsibility to let them play the game.
Yet still, we got a lot of younger players and don't have to push those topics right into their faces.

P.s.: Copy Pasted from M3O have some mercy if you read monster instead of Pokemon Tongue

I support this.
(2016-10-15, 04:05 PM)Stephen1010 Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 03:48 PM)Blau Wrote: So, since not enough people bother to...
I'll do a list.

General Rules

Chat Rules :

> Greetings are allowed.

No warning before ban:

Trade Chat:

Random Chat:

Guild Chat:

Moderator Rules:

Other:

Alrighty.

I support this.

imo this seems perfect.. and a lot clearer then current rules. because of unclear rules a lot of ppl try to make loopholes.. so i definitely agree to this list Big Grin
My thoughts on spam:

Posts in a row can exceed five if:
1. The past five posts MUST not be one-liners

2. Last post on chat was greater than 5 minutes ago  OR
3. Post contains content relevant to a discussion or is info answering question.

Personal Info:
Enforce it as it literally says. First names, age, even current town/city(most precise location) should be allowed, its vague enough to not be "info which can lead to your persona or current living place"

Arguing with mods is fine, arguing over rules is not. Please clarify.

And yes, please make a Help Chat.

Also, the OTHER rule no1 has weird formatting. Literally unreadable.
in general rules take out roleplaying cause kids are gonna do it reguardless they are kids, and the no discussing other games gotta go because it brings up conversations between one another and I for one love to talk about other games because so many people play so many games. why just talk about pokemon pets when literally not a whole lot to talk about unless you new player. older players like more to chat about but hope these 2 rules go away but all the rest keep keep it a kids friendly game but roleplaying and speaking about other games does no harm to "anyone" or even to the game.
we can update to Blau's list

i have sent pm to you Blau ty
(2016-12-30, 12:11 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: we can update to Blau's list

i have sent pm to you Blau ty

we havent reached a final conclusion yet :p and blau isnt active as well
Quote:1. General Rules:

1.1. Using any kind of bot, software or tool to farm Monsters, gold etc. is strictly prohibited.

1.2. Buying or selling gold, Monsters, and/or items for real money is strictly prohibited. Those found selling for real money will be permanently banned from the game immediately.

1.3. Usernames which contain inappropriate words, like curses, sexual, racist, references to drugs/alcohol/inappropriate persons, and/or offensive/provocative slurs are strictly prohibited. Users with those names will be warned and given 24 hours to either change their name or create a new Account. Ignoring the warning or refusing to change it will result in that account's deletion.

1.4. Game profile avatars must not contain sexual, violent or in any other way PG unsuited imagery.

2. Chat Rules:

2.1. Do not share personal information (e.g. full name or phone number).

2.2. Swearing or bypassing chat's word filter is strictly prohibited.

2.3. No linking to competitor or harmful sites.

2.4. No baiting Moderators.

2.5. Don't encourage players to consume drugs/alcohol etc.

2.6. No repeated begging or asking for free monsters, gold or items.

2.7. Speak the language assigned to each chat.

2.8. No flaming, trolling or harassing other players for the purpose of incite anger or frustration.

2.9. Some topics are prone to create arguments, those topics are to be dropped once it turns heated or extremely boring (example of such would be Politics or Religion).
2.9.1. If a moderator says, that a topic needs to be dropped, it must be dropped immediately.

2.10. No sexual commentary or harassment.

3. Global Chat:

No spamming in Global Chat. The following is considered spamming:
3.1.1. Posting more than 6 times in a row.
3.1.2. Repeatedly posting messages that consist of one word, letter, number, or symbol.
3.1.3. Roleplaying.
3.1.4. Advertising or requesting sell or trade.

Global Chat is English only.
3.2.1. Foreign greetings are allowed in Global Chat.
3.2.2. Using a foreign language to explain it's English only, is also fine.

4. Trade Chat:

4.1. Trade Chat IS ONLY FOR Market/Shop and Bazaar advertisements and related chit-chat.
4.1.1. No more than 5 posts in a row.
4.1.1.1. Wait until your message is out of the view in chat,  or delete your old message, before posting the same again.

5. Random Chat:

5.1. You are allowed to do anything, EXCEPT:
5.1.1. Swear/bypass chat's word filter.
5.1.2. Flame/harass other players.
5.1.3. Discriminate or insult.
5.1.4. Make sexual commentary and/or jokes.

6. Guild Chat:

6.1. The Guild Leader states what's allowed and what isn't.
6.1.1. Should not be hurtful towards m3o or ppets (e.g. using it solely to trash talk it and to advertise other games etc.).

7. Moderator Rules:

7.1. All Moderators are to follow the rules at all times. Repeated failure to do so will result in the loss of the title.

7.2. Moderators need to stay updated on the rules.

7.3. Abusing your power in any way, even jokeful, is not allowed.

7.4. A CM's job is to ensure no chat rules are broken while they're online.
7.4.1. SCMs are to watch on CMs aswell. GAs are to watch on SCMs and CMs.

7.5. Sharing a CM or higher title account is strictly prohibited.

7.6. Sharing contents of Staff Members Chat is also prohibited.

7.7. How a moderator must act in case of rule breaking:

7.7.1. 1st offense: screenshot for evidence -> remove offense -> warn by pointing to rules. 2nd offense: screenshot -> ban -> point to rules.
7.7.1.1. Ban without warning first if rule 1.3., 2.9.1. or 2.10. are broken.
7.7.1.2. Ban immediately, no screenshot required, if offender is circumventing ban by logging into another account.
7.7.1.2.1. Take screenshot before ban if offender is using different IP.
7.7.2. In case of repeat offender report to CeF for permanent ban from chat.
7.7.3. Arguing with the offender over the rules or parenting of the offender is not allowed.

8. Other:

8.1. If you lend gold, items and/or Monsters to other players, and they do not return it, Moderators are not responsible for your poor judgement. Use cautious when giving your stuff to other players.

8.2. Moderators are not responsible if your account is fished or hacked, because you used a link posted in Chat or PM.

8.3. You are responsible for your accounts activities. Blaming other people (e.g. family, friends etc.) is not an acceptable excuse for misbehaving or breaking the rules, you will still be held accountable.

Took Blau's list, fixed typos, realigned sentences, added stuff, added more stuff and finally, fixed code at source level.

Anyone see any holes that need patching?
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17
only the spam . 6 post thing i got issue
if its releevant that shouldnt be considered spam 

other then that gr8 work

also i dont see trade thing in chat rules so that means advertising is allowed in global chat right ?>? if now i would suggest to add
Well we need to see where we get highest rule break and how the chaos arises then we can say which to modify which to not.
Here are the things i observed
!. Highest number of rules are for global chat and most of the kids , newbies don't understand it and thus breaks the rule like putting trade ads in global etc
2. Trade chat is only allowed for putting ads but many people use trade chat for chit chat , greetings etc
solution in my opinion cef should divide both the chat in two part
1.For general chat
a) General chat : with no rules ofc except trolling/harassing. All can access and use it
b) pro chat : put some criteria of entering like player having 12 badges or something equivalent will only can access/use it. These players will get enough acquaintance with rules and game so all the rules of global chat can be put here.
2.For trade chat
a) chit chat : here ppl can talk about all things related to trade , greetings , discussion etc , it can be considered as virtual
b) Ad chat : people can only put ad here, how to make it more trade chat rule break proof is making a criteria that a player can make a maximum of 3 post a day.
Those who willing to sell/buy multiple stuffs can make thread in forum and post it.
This will stop unnecessary chat there.
option 2(a can be removed and option 2(b can be imposed on trade chat because there is random chat for 2(a also the general chat i.e option 1 (a
why 1(a should be there is because noobs might ask about lot of things related to tutorial which people who knows can tell them there .
Even it can be done too of making global chat 1(b
and random chat serving for both 1(a and 2(a
whereas trade chat can be 2(b
so there will be no need of implementing new chat system.

These are just opinions.
(2017-01-07, 03:15 PM)kane001 Wrote: Well we need to see where we get highest rule break and how the chaos arises then we can say which to modify which to not.
Here are the things i observed
!. Highest number of rules are for global chat and most of the kids , newbies don't understand it and thus breaks the rule like putting trade ads in global etc
2. Trade chat is only allowed for putting ads but many people use trade chat for chit chat , greetings etc
solution in my opinion cef should divide both the chat in two part
1.For general chat  
a) General chat : with no rules ofc except trolling/harassing. All can access and use it
b) pro chat : put some criteria of entering like player having 12 badges or something equivalent will only can access/use it. These players will get enough acquaintance with rules and game  so all the rules of global chat can be put here.
2.For trade chat
a) chit chat : here ppl can talk about all things related to trade , greetings , discussion etc , it can be considered as virtual
b) Ad chat : people can only put ad here, how to make it more trade chat rule break proof is making a criteria that a player can make a maximum of 3 post a day.
Those who willing to sell/buy multiple stuffs can make thread in forum and post it.
This will stop unnecessary chat there.
option 2(a can be removed and option 2(b can be imposed on trade chat because there is random chat for 2(a  also the  general chat i.e option 1 (a
why 1(a  should be there is because noobs might ask about lot of things related to tutorial which people who knows can tell them there .
Even it can be done too of making global chat 1(b
and random chat serving for both 1(a and 2(a
whereas trade chat can be 2(b
so there will be no need of implementing new chat system.

These are just opinions.

didnt get u

simple thing would be allow a little chit chat in trade chat

allow advertising trades in global as well
Try reading again carefully , simple to understand easy to implement and overall
more useable.
You can also ask what you did not get , so that i can elaborate
Also we don't know what is the limit of chit chat so one can argue upon warns for it saying other did as well even though that was in limit.
what about newb chat hhehehehehe only for 1000+Big Grin
(2017-01-07, 03:27 PM)kane001 Wrote: Try reading again carefully , simple to understand easy to implement and overall
more useable.
Also we don't know what is the limit of chit chat  so one can argue upon warns for it saying other did as well even though that was in limit.

no need to divide chats 
 best is less rules in chats we already have
(2017-01-08, 08:45 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 03:27 PM)kane001 Wrote: Try reading again carefully , simple to understand easy to implement and overall
more useable.
Also we don't know what is the limit of chit chat  so one can argue upon warns for it saying other did as well even though that was in limit.

no need to divide chats 

i wrote upon what i observed and can be solution for thing after spending so much time in chat and now idc anymore because no one else is caring too.
(2017-01-08, 08:51 AM)kane001 Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 08:45 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote:
more useable.

no need to divide chats 

i wrote upon what i observed and can be solution for thing after spending so much time in chat and now idc anymore because no one else is caring too.

thats whats the matter and yea solution can be but the reason is people dont swicth chat for the ppurpose thats why rules are getting broken

people do chit chat in trade chat, but they dont switch to global for why will they switch to  2nd aprt of trade chat ??
main thing is they dont do whereever they are that time
I wish we could just pass decisions without having to wait for inactive community... >.>
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17
ok i plan to update rules to : https://forum.pokemonpets.com/Thread-Dis...#pid150177

will add additional stuff that

banning fake accounts does not require any screenshot