Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Direction for Pokemon Pets
Hello guys. I'm a newcomer to the game, and I have some ideas that might help it move along.

Subscription to Remove Ads: I am attempting to do a redesign of the GUI for fun and removing the ads would be huge. Also, they're annoying. How about a subscription to remove them? If you like this game, you might consider supporting it with money. Doing so allows CeFurkan to develop more stuff for it. What would you pay as a subscription to remove ads for the game as it is now? What if more stuff were added?

Iron Man Mode: This is an attempt to make the monsters we catch mean more. Iron Man Mode (IMM) is set up in seasons that last 1 year. The last month or two of the year is the tournament mode. In tournament mode, you register online to participate. Participants are then placed in a single-elimination bracket with other participants. The twist is that once your monster faints, the monster is removed from your team forever. They are replaced with an amount of gold (and perhaps other things) for their Trainers. Monsters who do not faint the entire season are recorded in a Hall of Fame for the season. At the end of the season, 10 of the monsters who fainted during the tournament will be awarded to Trainers who lost the tournament. The winner of the tournament keeps his existing monsters for next season and is awarded a certain amount of gold and other stuff. 

The cool thing about this is that it gives a new reason to go out and hunt/trade for monsters. As it stands now, it seems that there is no real value to monsters after capturing them. PVP with Trainers who keep playing with nearly unbeatable monsters will always choose those monsters. The chance to lose them ups the stakes a little more and evens the playing field out. Giving the monsters unique names sets up for a kind of gladitorial feel for things. Imagine "Orkster," the undefeated monster for 3 tournaments. Imagine the feeling of beating him on the fourth year.

There's lots of stuff to be worked out for this, but what do you guys think?
[-] The following 1 user Likes whitehorn's post:
  • CeFurkan
Wow, such a fantastic piece of writing! I am grateful to you for providing such useful information and for your excellent writing, which I enjoy reading very much. Your post has left quite an impression on me.
(2019-01-17, 12:07 PM)whitehorn Wrote: Hello guys. I'm a newcomer to the game, and I have some ideas that might help it move along.

Subscription to Remove Ads: I am attempting to do a redesign of the GUI for fun and removing the ads would be huge. Also, they're annoying. How about a subscription to remove them? If you like this game, you might consider supporting it with money. Doing so allows CeFurkan to develop more stuff for it. What would you pay as a subscription to remove ads for the game as it is now? What if more stuff were added?

Iron Man Mode: This is an attempt to make the monsters we catch mean more. Iron Man Mode (IMM) is set up in seasons that last 1 year. The last month or two of the year is the tournament mode. In tournament mode, you register online to participate. Participants are then placed in a single-elimination bracket with other participants. The twist is that once your monster faints, the monster is removed from your team forever. They are replaced with an amount of gold (and perhaps other things) for their Trainers. Monsters who do not faint the entire season are recorded in a Hall of Fame for the season. At the end of the season, 10 of the monsters who fainted during the tournament will be awarded to Trainers who lost the tournament. The winner of the tournament keeps his existing monsters for next season and is awarded a certain amount of gold and other stuff. 

The cool thing about this is that it gives a new reason to go out and hunt/trade for monsters. As it stands now, it seems that there is no real value to monsters after capturing them. PVP with Trainers who keep playing with nearly unbeatable monsters will always choose those monsters. The chance to lose them ups the stakes a little more and evens the playing field out. Giving the monsters unique names sets up for a kind of gladitorial feel for things. Imagine "Orkster," the undefeated monster for 3 tournaments. Imagine the feeling of beating him on the fourth year.

There's lots of stuff to be worked out for this, but what do you guys think?
Hello/ Tener Haer
Good job. I really like it.