Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stopping Spammers Idea
I have seen an racist guy spamming the chat and being a trouble for CMs and players of game and also know that he can't be banned as he is using proxies. So hereby I am suggesting something for that or any similar issue(s). Here are few things that need to be done to ensure safety -

1. There should be separate chat for newbies (as currently there are languages tabs).
2. Nobody should be allowed in language tabs chats until he/she reaches certain level like level 20 for at least 2 pokemons. This will prevent quick spam accounts.
3. In newbie chat a automessage with a forum link to noob questions should be posted as generally newbies need chat for only noob questions.
4. Full and strict word filters should be applied there and captchas before entering messages if messages are being typed to quickly say 10-20 seconds.

Note - I hope Cef will be give me 2-3 msls (just hoping) reward box for this suggestion Smile This will make use more brains for improving this game or my brain stops working if i don't get rewards Big Grin
good idea
[Image: 1685761.jpg]
as for the plan to stop the racist is good but there are a few things i would like to point out to you 
1. if there was a chat only for the newbies then the racist who create new accounts would just spam there and they wouldn't know what to do about it 
2. there is a lot of players that create new account daily but ofc they dont check out all the details but want pro's to respond to their question which makes them feel more challenging 
3. this game is meant for all ages and all alike players that like to spend their free time for fun and also along with friends and if chat was kept aside along with levels then i would even consider this a racist as well (as alot like to talk around/ chat along with their friends) also advise from the chat from friends is always better than a link to something as its really boring
4. not all the words can be filtered as this takes up alot of space and can make the game go slower also many will still spam and use caps and type in a differnt method and still make sense of the slang word their typing and it hardly can be stopped 
5. about the time we cant type in chat instantly is about 5 seconds which is already quite enough

and to make this all clear this is the reason why the game has a bunch of cm's to look after and when some1 still tries to spam, cm's will always be there to take care of them . that's the reason why we have chat mod's for anyway and rule breakers will be taken care by them
my noob IGN Staff 
[Image: fc1ria.jpg]
*Credits to malvagioDemente for this awesome sig*
1. my idea is kinda automated, and cms are humans and not 24x7 online. 
2. Yes racist guy can spam there only and then cms have to take care of one section rather than multiple chats. 
3. And the loyal population of this game will be spam free. 
4. And newbies can ask their new questions in the 'noob questions thread' too where the experts will respond to them, but response shud be given to only those questions that are not pre answered in the thread. Big Grin
5. A Pm option is there too, for them for their personal chats.
6. And chatting is a kinda facility, don't u think that playing game to earn that facility (spam free) is a kinda challenge for newbies too Big Grin
(2015-02-27, 02:09 AM)mailmeharry2008 Wrote: 1. my idea is kinda automated, and cms are humans and not 24x7 online. 
2. Yes racist guy can spam there only and then cms have to take care of one section rather than multiple chats. 
3. And the loyal population of this game will be spam free. 
4. And newbies can ask their new questions in the 'noob questions thread' too where the experts will respond to them, but response shud be given to only those questions that are not pre answered in the thread. Big Grin
5. A Pm option is there too, for them for their personal chats.
6. And chatting is a kinda facility, don't u think that playing game to earn that facility (spam free) is a kinda challenge for newbies too Big Grin
1. there are alot of cm's living in different time zones and there are quite alot so they can be on in their own time so there is rather a cm in the game every now and then . if you don't see a cm around you can always screenshot it and report it .
2. spammers/racist words will still be there around and this will affect the newbies more than the veteran players 
3. you will always face some spam/ racist words no matter what you come up with truely cause that is alot a part of balancing the game
4. if you didn't notice not all the players in the game have an account in the forums alot of them just play and rather come up with forum accounts when they often talk in the chat/ or when they get a bit better . so you shouldn't expect newbies to start checking forums as soon as they enter the game
5. pm's are really difficult to use when u wanna chat as well and if pm's could be used by newbies then ofc the rule breakers would use that as well and irritate people 
6. chatting is free and is meant for everyone who wants to use. and there is a hide button if someone don't want to use it/see the chat.
my noob IGN Staff 
[Image: fc1ria.jpg]
*Credits to malvagioDemente for this awesome sig*
1. Really I am surprised that u don't want things automated
2. and for cms i am not interested in reporting, i have seen several instances when cm were not there. And many regular players can confirm u this thing.
3. CMs are not getting salaries i guess, so they might be busy or doing something personal at various times. So forget abt this if u still wanna rely on cms Big Grin unless you are paying them.
4. Yes its true that spam words/ racist or abusive words will continue no matter what we do, but there sure are ways to minimize this and this is best way to do so.
5. Chat is free already, but for spam free chat newbies have this as a challenge.
6. Reaching lvl 15 to 20 won't take days for newbies. 
7. Pms are difficult lol on that. They require just a little extra 2 or 3 clicks which ain't difficult.
8. Chat spam bots are easily available and pm spam bots i haven't seen any so spamming pm will still be difficult.
9. Its really simple - i). chat is there use it on ur own risk.
                             2) having trouble there come to forums - use forum chat or check noobs faqs etc.
                             3) or get to lvl 15 to use spam free chat Big Grin
1.there are no "lvls" which you could use to seperate the players
2.seperating players by whatever criteria, is not only discriminating, but also makes each and every chat less active, which ultimately is far worse.
3.The 5 seconds are long enough, any more would slow conversation and talk down, which ultimately would hurt the chat and the fun of it aswell.
4.We have an insanely active CM staff right now, for every single thing you pointed out, there are CMs to handle it.
5.there is no reason to introduce anymore things, when you have the cms around.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Lol if a cm is saying this then i don't mind, but let cefurkan decide on this. 
As i used to work in a gaming company, my boss there use to priortize on automations rather than manual tasks. So if he doesn't like this idea i will stay out of this matter and also won't run my junk brain again Tongue

Ur point counters -
1. I didn't understand ur point no. 1
2. There is nothing like discrimination in this idea. (As even high lvl players are free to approach newbie chat Big Grin and so can low level guys after little game time spending.)
3. I never disagreed to 5 seconds in my above said post (i didn't knew that this system already exist, so i suggested 15 sec in my original post)
4. Except when you are on, there is not much active CM staff. And many examples are there for eg - when thejoker spammed and was abusing me no cm was there remember and even after his banning he had an active chat with me and was abusing that time too Big Grin
5. CMs are humans not machines. And as said cms can't be 24x7 around unless they don't have personal lives.
some good ideas i will improve chat a lot in v3 hopefully Smile
Thanks