Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit move's damage
I know that the recoil damage is already limited by the current hp of the opponent pokemon but it still doesn't feel fair. How about limiting the damage dealt to the opponents current hp ? 

I will give you an example. A mega-haxorus with 240/240 hp does outrage on a latios with 270/270 hp. With the different boosts the damage may go as high as 2000 hp. So the recoil will be 15% of it i.e. 300 hp limited by 270 hp of latios. So the haxorus kills latios with outrage and dies because of recoil.

Now if we look at the numbers carefully : Real damage dealt by haxorus : 270 hp , recoil taken by haxorus : 240 hp. This implies 89% recoil and not the 15% as is stated in the move's description.

Adding to it, there is no benefit of dealing 2000 damage to a pokemon having 300 hp. So why not limit the damage dealt to the opponent hp instead of limiting the recoil. The original pokemon games also have this feature. So in the example provided above mega-haxorus will have 15% of 270 i.e. 40hp recoil damage.

I feel that this change is easy to incorporate but opinions from others should also be considered if necessary.
agreed.
Yea i agree
how is this mechanic working in real games?
(2016-07-12, 10:56 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

In real pokemon games the damage dealt is limited by opponent's current hp. So for e.g. A mega-haxorus uses outrage on a latios with 100 remaining hp out of 300 maximum hp. It will say that the move dealt 100 hp damage and hence recoil will be 15% of 100 i.e. 15 hp.
(In real games outrage functions differently i.e. no recoil but user gets confused after 2/3 moves) but similar case occurs for moves like brave-bird, flare-blitz, wood-hammer, head-smash, etc which have recoil in original games.
(2016-07-13, 06:49 PM)hotice Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 10:56 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

In real pokemon games the damage dealt is limited by opponent's current hp. So for e.g. A mega-haxorus uses outrage on a latios with 100 remaining hp out of 300 maximum hp. It will say that the move dealt 100 hp damage and hence recoil will be 15% of 100 i.e. 15 hp.
(In real games outrage functions differently i.e. no recoil but user gets confused after 2/3 moves) but similar case occurs for moves like brave-bird, flare-blitz, wood-hammer, head-smash, etc which have recoil in original games.

It's true, i agree with hotice to limit move's damage
u said here what i wanted to state in umar 's a few suggestion thread Big Grin ...
nice saying Smile
agreed definitely Smile
GhostJokerCoen
ok just limited damage to current hp of the enemy

lets see how will this work