Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How does damage get calculated - simple
The damage calculation system has so many different variables but the most simple way is this below for direct damage

* = multiply in math

ModDamage = type_resistance * stab_damage * critical (if)

random_val = this is a random value between 0.85 - 1.15

damage = ModDamage * random_val * ( ( (2 x UserLevel + 15) / 300 ) * user_attack_stat  / enemy_defense_stat * used_move_base_power +1 )
interesting...
not understand any of that @_@
Oh the value 075-1.25 seems useful ^^
?????
MAGIC..
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-tfUb2gC5IwntG5iml9_...H1kQu2hqeE]
mmm easy equation Rolleyes
Charizard Rules

[Image: latest?cb=20120724210625&path-prefix=protagonist]
thanks CeFurkan for the formula how to calculate it :-)
...but some users / players (including me) doesn't seem to clearly understand it?

e.g. I was reading your post, but I think, that I would better know which numbers should be inserted into which field, if I can see e.g. an example of a pokemon with specific amounts of attack, etc. (e.g. low numbers, which are easy-to-remember)? maybe also instead of that, a screenshot of a specific pokemon, showing us with coloured text, which number (also coloured with the same colour) should be inserted where of this formula, to get the result ...how much damage each attack will do?
If you not mind letting me know how envision and accuracy equation work
(2016-05-26, 05:10 PM)Trainer_Sven Wrote: thanks CeFurkan for the formula how to calculate it :-)
...but some users / players (including me) doesn't seem to clearly understand it?

e.g. I was reading your post, but I think, that I would better know which numbers should be inserted into which field, if I can see e.g. an example of a pokemon with specific amounts of attack, etc. (e.g. low numbers, which are easy-to-remember)? maybe also instead of that, a screenshot of a specific pokemon, showing us with coloured text, which number (also coloured with the same colour) should be inserted where of this formula, to get the result ...how much damage each attack will do?

it has so many other variables as well

but what are important?

your luck - random variable
your level 
type resistance 
type based stab damage bonus
mod damage - this is affected by many things such as status effects etc
your attack or sp attack based on the move type
enemy defense or sp defense based on the move type
the base power of the used move
but how can the enemy got damage when i throw a pokeball at them?
Looks like this formula does not work correctly. For example, I using  lvl 60 monster with 119 attack and 70 power to hit lvl 26 monster with 33 defense. All type resistance modifiers equal 1, also this attack is not crit.

In theory, damage should be ((0.75-1.25) * (2*60+15)/300 * 119/30 * 70) + 1 = 95-157 damage. Actual damage is 188, which is way outside of that range. Was this formula changed?
(2016-07-10, 10:40 PM)DragonRU Wrote: Looks like this formula does not work correctly. For example, I using  lvl 60 monster with 119 attack and 70 power to hit lvl 26 monster with 33 defense. All type resistance modifiers equal 1, also this attack is not crit.

In theory, damage should be ((0.75-1.25) * (2*60+15)/300 * 119/30 * 70) + 1 = 95-157 damage. Actual damage is 188, which is way outside of that range. Was this formula changed?

attack type
enemy defense type
enemy types

they matter
(2016-06-22, 04:22 PM)hinanoc Wrote: but how can the enemy got damage when i throw a pokeball at them?

what do you mean?

can you show screenshot