Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GUILD WARS discussion
Hello Guyz,
i talked with cefurkan on implementing the guild wars pvp in game to add some more interest in game.

He said he is interested to add guild wars in game but need suggestions to how it should work.

So this thread is created so that all of you can suggest all your ideas on how should guild wars be happening ? U can take help from google or from your experience in other games

Provide in detail on what u think we can do it. If we get the perfect process and details with all supporting cef can add it 
i like this idea and it should be the leaders make the guild wars and the members join in and if it happens only during certain times of the day then everyone join and be able to battle anyone in the other guilds and get points for it in the end we should get either gold, gems, or well worth pokemon like mega, or shiny or anything random.
I think you should be able to offer a war on another guild. and there needs to be up to at least 6 people each and if you win you can get good items or gold. If you defeat one of the 6 then you have to wait till one of your team mates lose to fight the next.
(2016-12-09, 02:58 PM)ghostjokercoen Wrote: hey ghost thats a good Idea.
needa  detail post not a 1 line
These are just random ideas without too much thought thrown them behind them.
- Allow multiple guild challenges and acceptances, since you know someone is going to flake out. 

- vs NPC controlled version of other team member. This will only be used if the other player does not show up. If both don't, it will be NPC vs NPC.

- If having an X on X, make it time friendly. This will require a lot more work on the part of the leader, but they can assign time blocks throughout the day. The PvP battle can go throughout the day for more international battles or just in a certain time period if teams are capable of doing that.

- Also for X on X battles, make it X+2 on X+2. The +2 or whatever number is felt necessary will only come into play if the main X selected don't show up. They will participate as normal, so things don't get held up, but may or may not have their battles counted. 

- Have battles throughout the week, so people can meet up at their convenience. This may drive impatient people crazy.
If i'm the organizer of guild war system, i'll organize the bi-weekly and monthly guild war like a tournament. There're some rules about bi-weekly guild war:
1) Every guild has the right to participate (of course Smile ).
2) For each row, two guild are paired with, the lose one will be eliminate Smile. The pairing ends if ALL contestants of one guild are defeated.
3) Every guild has up to 4 (or 8) contestants (the list can change flexibly due to their free time). For example: in first row A, B, C and D  represent the guild and if their guild win then C, D, E and F can represent (or the old ones) for the next row as long as they are in wining guild.
4) And if there are any guilds doesn't have enough contestants, then their members have to battle one more or two battles. For example: If guild A only has three contestants A,B and C; one of their contestants has to battle one more times but the one who take this battle has to win the previous battle. In this example, if A and B lost then there's ONLY C being qualified to have a another battle.
5) All information that happens during the battle will be confidential. The contestants ONLY sent proves to referee and do not allow to share their battle to OTHER guild. I mean they can share their battle to their guild's members.
i think :

the guild wars match up should be tournament style.

the 2 guilds competing should be allowed to pick how many players max that both sides agree on, ( same amount ) and to select which players will enter

it should be randomized match up, ( computer picked or something )

there should be different classes, so everyone can join, e.g. begginers, advanced, masters,

each rank ( mentioned above ) should have a limit on what pokemon are allowed, e.g. begginers are only allowed up to legends, advanced megas and shinies, master, mega shinies / mega shiny legendaries, ect..

and a ranking system or something that shows how many wins each guild has and a winning list, e.g. guild who has won the most battles is #1 ect..
[Image: ezgif-2-1ece84c32476.jpg]
simple wars in my brain: (idk it can be guild wars or not :p)

1. we have much guild here but in a guild too many inactive and timezone will be problem for normal war :p so i think we can make a wars with "east and west"

2. east for "day" time in game and west for night in game time or
in east all pokemon available and west no shiny and mega~ (only example Rolleyes )

3. so first east and west hv tournament to see top rank in east and west
4. after that rank 1 east vs rank 1 west,. and something like it
5. winner got title like king trainer or something Big Grin

so for guild wars maybe will be like this:

1. a guild join east or west~
2. guild give player draft who will join (maybe something like daily reward can implementation Rolleyes ) so withou leader online guild can join if still hv enough player
3. a guild battle with another guild in east/west (ex: 3 vs 3 or 10 vs 10 in east up to cef)
4. maybe winner east and west can battle
5. guild winner got prize (up to cef) :p
another suggest:

" guild vs boss event "
all guild member vs boss so every days or every sunday or every month maybe :p

1. so all guild damage calculate something like it
2. maybe player got reward from his damage and guild damage rank
3. rank 1 guild got title like guild boss or etc Big Grin
your post are just so brilliant Big Grin
keep coming with ideas
(2016-12-09, 02:54 PM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Hello Guyz,
i talked with cefurkan on implementing the guild wars pvp in game to add some more interest in game.

He said he is interested to add guild wars in game but need suggestions to how it should work.

So this thread is created so that all of you can suggest all your ideas on how should guild wars be happening ? U can take help from google or from your experience in other games

Provide in detail on what u think we can do it. If we get the perfect process and details with all supporting cef can add it 

I really enjoy this idea. I would set it up to where each month there was a new challenge (e.i: recruiting most people, earning most gold)
And at the end of the month the guild that has won the challenge be rewarded with either gold or rare pokemon.
love the idea of guild wars... cuz right now the guilds are pretty useless
guild war should be 1 day war a particular guild should battle only 1 clan and should be at saturday and sunday
[Image: 1685761.jpg]
the hardest part of guild wars is, making matched people to online at the same time

but i am thinking about guild wars once we improve guild system
(2016-12-30, 12:29 AM)CeFurkan Wrote: the hardest part of guild wars is, making matched people to online at the same time

but i am thinking about guild wars once we improve guild system

we  can make guild wars both pve based and pvp

pve will not have mismatch of timings

for pvp we can decide a weekend at end of moneth and have 3 -4 time slots for guild war so all around the country  we have 1 time for it
Thing is, there needs to be a propper point.
I suggest :
Ownership of zones.

It'll work the way the boss gold pot works.

Guilds will fight for rulership of zones, means 
That's what you'll get for winning the wars. 
The point ?
The guild ruling a zone
Will get x% of gold gained in that zone
For besting npcs
Or (if possible to determine) for taxes coming from purchases within markets in said zone.
The gold will go to the guild bank.
(Fits with what was planned anyways, a guild storage)
Therefore a dominant guild can reward their players better, and thus help them grow even more.
That can also be the base for special guild boss raids which could require x gold from the guild to participate which will reward sweet stuff 
E.g. rb shiny for the members which took part in it etc.

As you see that would be  super solid base for future things to come
And a legit reason to do guild wars besides the fun of pvp.

As to mechanically 
Either random match ups 
Or 
Make slots
Which the participating players can be put into
Allowing for some strategical match ups n stuff.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Ownership of zones.
i like this idea Big Grin

hope we can "fusion" kun and blau idea Tongue
If we can't match live people, we'll just have to improve the AI to match human... which isn't hard actually.
"Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips." - Proverbs 27:2
"He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich." - Proverbs 21:17
(2017-02-02, 05:38 PM)Mysterium Wrote: If we can't match live people, we'll just have to improve the AI to match human... which isn't hard actually.

i think it would be hard for ai to match up humans
but for live yea thats the thing 
we gotta fix few times a days, whenever someone comes  since it weekend at end of month
players can play there time

like 3 times a day so all timezones get covered etc 

and apart from pvp we can also do eli , boss as well
I have some ideas to create interest in guild wars and guilds in general.
Creation of a guild shop. Possibly even use an unused building in starfall or other places.
To purchase items at this shop, you would need a special monetary unit, something like PokeCoins or whatever was in the pokemon game center.
The items inside would be more aesthetic leaning. People could buy things like access to new avatars, sprites, recolored pokemon, alternate art pokemon. The stats could be random, like if they were caught in the wild. Reward box can just be too rewarding. It would probably be a good idea to avoid the “strong getting stronger” effect.
To receive coins, it would be connected to participating in guild activities and battles. Even being in a guild could allow you to collect points. There also be the creation of guild tasks, where guild members need to complete a task, to receive coins. It could be capture certain pokemon, beat certain npcs X amount of times, beat the daily boss, or whatever could be imagined.
If you guys like this idea, please give me my Cynthia sprite. Thank you. Lol.
I’ll add more if I can think of anything.
+1 for the sprite
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
i plan a guild war like this way

you will match against NPC controlled players

you will be able to match against at maximum 20% lesser player of your guild size

guild points will be like elo matches

you will get 2 match chance at each battle

there will team set as guild war team

actually i have the system in my mind. but what reward we will give Big Grin

also guild battle points can be same as elo system
(2017-02-02, 05:38 PM)Mysterium Wrote: If we can't match live people, we'll just have to improve the AI to match human... which isn't hard actually.

ye this will be necessary

so you can post your ideas about this
(2017-01-28, 04:27 AM)Blau Wrote: Thing is, there needs to be a propper point.
I suggest :
Ownership of zones.

The point ?
The guild ruling a zone
For besting npcs
Or (if possible to determine) for taxes coming from purchases within markets in said zone.
Therefore a dominant guild can reward their players better, and thus help them grow even more.
That can also be the base for special guild boss raids which could require x gold from the guild to participate which will reward sweet stuff 

As to mechanically 
Either random match ups 
Or 
Make slots

good idea

top 19 guilds in guild ranking can get the each zones tax Big Grin
(2017-02-06, 08:07 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 04:27 AM)Blau Wrote: Thing is, there needs to be a propper point.
I suggest :
Ownership of zones.

The point ?
The guild ruling a zone
For besting npcs

As to mechanically 
Either random match ups 
Or 
Make slots

good idea

top 19 guilds in guild ranking can get the each zones tax Big Grin

NICE!
That's also a great way of handling Guild wars.
Probably not what people expected, but i see it being viable for our current lack of players.
So go for it.
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Its useless imo if it is also a npc controlled
We need live pvp battles
And for guild it should be in a way 1 guild cwn qcquire all zone as well not just 1
(2017-02-07, 02:56 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Its useless imo if it is also a npc controlled
We need live pvp battles
And for guild it should be in a way 1 guild cwn qcquire all zone as well not just 1

Hmmm yea, i kinda agree.

For starters it'll be nice to have it at all.
But later on, you should force a PvP battle. 
Like,
Implement a server time based feature.
-You set times for the matches
- Once server time hits the set time of the match you get taken to the pvp screen.
- if one part fails to be active, it'll be the regular 6 and out.
- otherwise regular match. 

Thatll also allow the guilds to choose who they set against who.

E.g.

Guild x vs guild y

1. Battle 
Guild  x Player 2 vs Guild y Player 3 match time 2pm 

2.Battle
Guild x Player 1 vs Guild y Player 4 match time 2:05pm

Etc

Do a layout with slots
And just bring the players to the battle screen once time is met.
It'll be as if the player just accepts a PvP offer.
Both will be taken to battle screen upon next movement. 

Then it's just a matter of equaling size and points. 

One way would be to limitate the bigger guild's participants to the smaller guilds member amount.

E.g. guild x having 20 members, guild y 5

Guild x can only send in 5.

Otherwise it'll be unfair for the bigger guilds. 
Cause if guild y has 5 top notch players which would all be allowed to do 4 matches, the bigger guild is at a disadvantage. 

About the Zone ownership, i guess basing it off on ranking is for starters also a good idea.
But i think similar to daily rewards, the ownerships should be event based. 
E.g. every 3 months a big guild wars happens for 1 zone.
Entering that "event" could require a certain amount of guild points.
Which can be acquired by regular guild wars.

Something to that extent 
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
(2017-02-07, 02:56 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Its useless imo if it is also a npc controlled
We need live pvp battles

it would not be any much fun if it will be cpu controlled battle !
i mean most of the pvper want something as pvp base which guild war can provide most effectively
not only that
it will help to bring back old players too and infact in great number and will increase the activity effectively.
coz currently all the things are mostly based on pve and there is nothing for pvp so imo we should give it a go in that way.
yea @blau , my plans were somewhat similar not exactly

but we can adjust that if cef wants a live pvp  ATLEAST 1 thing for old players as a end game 

All players got right to enter so restricting guild to max 5 players as example is a bad idea, However we can adjust in a way that big guilds dont have advantage thats surely we should 

cpu based guild war  is useless since its just a total spam , AI cant match 

also yes i know we got less players but we gotta do with that
cpu based will not attract more players so we gotta take chances

we did lots of things lots of updates to attract new players so we can try this too  while retaining the old ones or make the old players return