Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Abilities Pool
one of my fav things about Monstermmorpg.com is the random abilities pool...however im not saying to do it exactly like that but to have a few abilities that would fit with said mon and have a chance to get different abilities when captured

heres a perfect example 

https://www.pokemonpets.com/Victreebel-P...Pokedex-71

it has grass sheild but is already 4x restiant to grass...this is not really needed...

so lets say its  ability pool is speed master, venomous, grass sheild, grass expert, poision expert, and bonus damage...

so something like you have a 99.5% chance that the mons abilities will be unchanged and a .05% chance abilities will be random from the pool

this could possiably make once "useless" abilities change and the mon more "useable"

whats everyone think
The current abilities are how they are cause of the attempt to stay true to pokemon's ability witht he means which are here etc.

Also that is exactly why we're working on updating the abilities.
To make useless stuff useable.
To curate the op-ishness of other stuff etc.

So no, absolutely no need for random ability pool.

The best thing on M3O about that is that you have the option to change them.
With that not being th ecase here you'll end up with either the same stuff or junk.
And that certainly is not needed.

So yeah, with an ability update that suggestion becomes obsolete no ?

that's my thought on that. Smile
-2Easy-

M30 - Galliant
Its simple thing if anybody wants random abis - m3o is for him, for people who don't like that aspect stay in pp Big Grin
Just the official thing that we played since childhood we are used to that and we enjoy that Big Grin

No offenses to chase or blau or anybody else Big Grin
well if a lot of players request it

and if somebody prepares manual ability pool for each pokemon

why not
Berserker ability should be limited, also no immunities to types, only for a few pokemon that usually have levitate ability in main games for example. Also cautious ability has no need since there is non like it in the pokemon games, i am for all for random abilities, but how will that affect the pokemon we already have. Will they gain the set pokedex main ability? Or will it get randomized?
Temp Signature Until I can Make A Better One
[Image: omeg_ruby_male_trainer_sig_01_by_gmc_aniki-d7sj23i.png]
(2015-05-17, 04:46 PM)mailmeharry2008 Wrote: Its simple thing if anybody wants random abis - m3o is for him, for people who don't like that aspect stay in pp Big Grin
Just the official thing that we played since childhood we are used to that and we enjoy that Big Grin

No offenses to chase or blau or anybody else Big Grin

i totally agree with u harry , thats y pp is so much better Tongue
Charizard Rules

[Image: latest?cb=20120724210625&path-prefix=protagonist]
agree to harry
(2015-05-30, 02:21 AM)ANIKI Wrote: Berserker ability should be limited, also no immunities to types, only for a few pokemon that usually have levitate ability in main games for example. Also cautious ability has no need since there is non like it in the pokemon games, i am for all for random abilities, but how will that affect the pokemon we already have. Will they gain the set pokedex main ability? Or will it get randomized?

well if we have added this feature

existing pokemon would not change

only new captured ones
Sorry chase but it is not a good idea because some Pokemons are popular and useful because of their abilities and if abilities are changed then the pokemon will not stay useful.