Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How does ELO PvP League System Works
Information 
> We have implemented default ELO system that is commonly used by the authority sports organizations in the world

> You can see more explanation in the below websites

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

> An example : https://metinmediamath.wordpress.com/201...g-example/

> In our system the base score is 400. Every player starts with 400 score. 

> Maximum allowed turn count per battle is 500. If you can not win by then, you will automatically counted as lost.

> The K variable is 32

> When you are searching for an ELO match, the system searches 50 users that has the closest ELO score to you then among this 50 users, one of them is randomly chosen

> If your opponent did set an ELO team from set team page: https://www.pokemonpets.com/ManageMonstersStore.aspx
>> That ELO team will be used
>> How to setup your team Gif : https://monstermmorpg.deviantart.com/art...-609176060

> If your opponent does not have a set ELO team, your opponent's bag team will be used

> If your opponent doesn't have any team, he will get a 10% ELO score drop and will counted as defeated and will get removed from your candidate opponent queue

> The loser player after the ELO battle will get automatic 24 hours protection from battles

> If the loser player does an ELO battle, the protection will get removed

> If selected Pokemon of both players get fainted at the same round, the battle will be counted as draw and neither side will lose points

> The system will be modified and tuned as we see necessary

> Our system precision is much better than the traditional algorithm. We use double variables with 0.01 precision. It can be said that at least 1000 more precise than the traditional algorithm

> You can also do a single re-match with the players that have defeated you in an ELO match now
>> You can do the re-match at the PvP battles page: https://www.pokemonpets.com/PVPBattleOffer.aspx
>> System details : https://forum.pokemonpets.com/Thread-How...stem-works

- 2022.01.30 -

> The losing player of an ELO Ranked Battle will get revenge option against the winning player

> If the losing player uses the revenge battle, the existing ELO Protection of the losing player will be lost

> If the defender side of the ELO Revenge battle loses more than 10 points in that revenge battle, he/she will get 24 hours ELO protection

> To make ELO PvP system more fun and prevent possible exploits, we have modified the ELO scoring system.

>> Now a player will win minimum 1 point ELO score and will lose maximum 30 points ELO score per ELO League Ranked match
An elo battle should give at-least one point per win. Otherwise, playing such battle (Where win results in no point increase) seems useless and waste of time. Instead these must be skipped for no result.
i really feel like im gonna enjoy these 1
my noob IGN Staff 
[Image: fc1ria.jpg]
*Credits to malvagioDemente for this awesome sig*
It seems like after elo battles, the rating increases/decreases by specific numbers only viz 0,3,16,29. It should ideally be all the numbers between 0 to K-factor depending on the difference in elo-rating of players. This might be due to approximation of values in intermediate steps. The integer approximation should be used only after multiplication of K-factor as is done on the wiki page you provided in the line stating "Therefore, the player's new rating is (1613 + 32×(2.5 − 2.867)) = 1601, assuming that a K-factor of 32 is used."

ELO rating's Mathematical details
(2016-05-17, 10:00 AM)hotice Wrote: An elo battle should give at-least one point per win. Otherwise, playing such battle (Where win results in no point increase) seems useless and waste of time. Instead these must be skipped for no result.

yeah true and good idea for minimum 1 point Big Grin
and getting zero points players after 1200 points is weird too, we should get the opponents that give us some score say put some counter there like shinies Big Grin on hitting like say 20 noobs with zero points we should get a nearby rank opponent Big Grin
[Image: done_opt_1.jpg]

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin over there.
(2016-05-17, 12:14 PM)staff Wrote: i really feel like im gonna enjoy these 1

What is the points for?Huh
(2016-05-17, 06:32 PM)Lelou Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 12:14 PM)staff Wrote: i really feel like im gonna enjoy these 1

What is the points for?Huh

for ranks and score of rranks

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
(2016-05-17, 05:06 PM)mailmeharry2009 Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 10:00 AM)hotice Wrote: An elo battle should give at-least one point per win. Otherwise, playing such battle (Where win results in no point increase) seems useless and waste of time. Instead these must be skipped for no result.

yeah true and good idea for minimum 1 point Big Grin
and getting zero points players after 1200 points is weird too, we should get the opponents that give us some score say put some counter there like shinies Big Grin on hitting like say 20 noobs with zero points we should get a nearby rank opponent Big Grin

wanted to add to it, that current system can be exploited, as currently rank 1 orhanbeyhan is not fighting and due to 24 hrs protection he is staying on top ranks since yesterday .... so destroy this protection from top ello rankers say top 10 to prevent exploitation.

This might be somewhat a repeat of my previous reply but it addresses the problem in greater depth.

The elo scoring system behaves in a way as if there are classe of trainers having different elo scores as follows:
class   elo-score range
1       0-399
2       400-799
3       800-1199
4       1200-1599
and so on.

If a player defeats another player he gets the points as below:
Class difference = winner's old class - loser's old class
-2 or lower : 32 points
-1 : 29 points
0 : 16 points
1 : 3 points
2 or higher : 0points

With this system, If two players say A(with ELO score 1199) and B(with ELO score 1200) play against each other, 
B will get only 3 points if he wins, and will lose 29 points if he loses to A. But since their scores are almost comparable this shouldn't have been the case. A similar case will occur in terms of change in points even if A had 800 points and B had 1599 points.

The increase or decrease in scores should depend on difference between players previous ELO score and not the difference between score-range they belong in.

I think that the problem is in implementation of some calculations in the system. Like approximating (C/400) to a lower integer to get 10 ^ (C/400) such that the result is always a power of 10 i.e. 0,10,100,1000 etc. Ideally these calculations should use double data-types for the variables. But if you are using integer data-types this situation(Of getting approximated to powers of 10 only) will arise.

If possible please change the variables to double data-types so that all but the final increase/decrease are not integers.

Thanks.
didn't understood much about integers double data types part, but yeah scoring is bad in this class system as you suggested. And it should not be same way, i wont be getting much ahead in score by this method and lower ones have higher chances and faster chance to reach me.......
Today i became first one to reach score of 1615 but just one loss by dragonice reduced so hard earned points by -29, thanks god i was still saved in rank by few margin from orhan Big Grin

Ya system Should be changes i agree with hotice
0 pt is irrelevant
Thwrr are ao many with low pts that hardly any is there for top rankers in there range

If some closes 2000 it will be loke 0 pts from all as none is above 1600

That 0 pt thing should  be changed so need modifications

We can gain points based on opponenets total pokemkns stats maybe or atleast 1 pt every battle
(2016-05-19, 07:06 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Ya system Should be changes i agree with hotice
0 pt is irrelevant
Thwrr are ao many with low pts that hardly any is there for top rankers in there range

We can gain points based on opponenets total pokemkns stats maybe or atleast 1 pt every battle

even one point system wont help much if that class sytem remains there, as 1 plus 1 is so slow and -29 is so fast Tongue

(2016-05-19, 07:08 AM)mailmeharry2009 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 07:06 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Ya system Should be changes i agree with hotice
0 pt is irrelevant

even one point system wont help much if that class sytem remains there, as 1 plus 1 is so slow and -29 is so fast Tongue

Although I too agree that the class system needs to be replaced, if that would take a long time to change, then at least another suggestion in the mean time would be to allow players to set a minimum/maximum class difference  level, so that any matches that do not fall within these settings are automatically not offered (this would only be for the player controlled side,not for the computer controlled side.)  This would prevent the massive waste of time for players being given matches they can not benefit from at all (unless they are willing to do so) when making their challenges.  Again, these setting should not be used for being selected for the CPU controlled side.

Actually, I'm not even a fan of the player losing points from CPU controlled losses.    After all, the CPU's choices really should not reflect on the actual player.  Is there a real need to have CPU wins and losses counted for the player's points?
(2016-05-19, 01:17 PM)Saiga Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 07:08 AM)mailmeharry2009 Wrote:
0 pt is irrelevant

Although I too agree that the class system needs to be replaced, if that would take a long time to change, then at least another suggestion in the mean time would be to allow players to set a minimum/maximum class difference  level, so that any matches that do not fall within these settings are automatically not offered (this would only be for the player controlled side,not for the computer controlled side.)  This would prevent the massive waste of time for players being given matches they can not benefit from at all (unless they are willing to do so) when making their challenges.  Again, these setting should not be used for being selected for the CPU controlled side.

Actually, I'm not even a fan of the player losing points from CPU controlled losses.    After all, the CPU's choices really should not reflect on the actual player.  Is there a real need to have CPU wins and losses counted for the player's points?

Another huge problem, IMO, is that the computer controlled opponent has unlimited moves.  I can understand that for the wild pokemon battles, but this is supposed to be a PVP type of situation, and that seems *really* unbalanced to me.
as you said guys i just updated the system

now everything is double and precision is set to 0.01 Smile
> You can also do a single re-match with the players that have defeated you in an ELO match now
>> You can do the re-match at the PvP battles page: https://www.pokemonpets.com/PVPBattleOffer.aspx
>> If enemy is under protection you have to wait until the player's ELO match protection expires
(2016-05-19, 02:15 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: as you said guys i just updated the system

now everything is double and precision is set to 0.01 Smile

Thanks, it was much needed. The system will be more fair now. Smile
(2016-05-19, 02:18 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: > You can also do a single re-match with the players that have defeated you in an ELO match now
>> You can do the re-match at the PvP battles page: https://www.pokemonpets.com/PVPBattleOffer.aspx
>> If enemy is under protection you have to wait until the player's ELO match protection expires

Let me re-iterate the need for  cpu controlled players not to have unlimited moves in these challenges.

Twice I have done between 10,000 and 12,000 points of damage to a single pokemon, but because they have unlimited heals, I still could not take them down.  These pokemon had about 400-500 hp.  If that does not scream for a need to re-balance this, I don't know what does.  Otherwise this entire system could be just turned into  whomever has the most and best healing pokemon team.

I would include screenshots if this forum allowed direct image insertions but I have no website to put it on a URL.  If you like, I would be happy to send the pictures via email.
(2016-05-19, 11:24 PM)Saiga Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 02:18 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: > You can also do a single re-match with the players that have defeated you in an ELO match now

Let me re-iterate the need for  cpu controlled players not to have unlimited moves in these challenges.

Twice I have done between 10,000 and 12,000 points of damage to a single pokemon, but because they have unlimited heals, I still could not take them down.  These pokemon had about 400-500 hp.  If that does not scream for a need to re-balance this, I don't know what does.  Otherwise this entire system could be just turned into  whomever has the most and best healing pokemon team.

I would include screenshots if this forum allowed direct image insertions but I have no website to put it on a URL.  If you like, I would be happy to send the pictures via email.

What are you complaining about. Unlimited moves compensate very little for difference  in skill between  human  and computer. We did not make this for you to beat people. We made it for players to rank their skill.

well once we improve the AI as much as possible

I plan to limit AI PP too

here effects file 

you can read it and make a better AI plan based on moves effects Smile

https://www.pokemonpets.com/effects.xls
(2016-05-19, 11:55 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

well once we improve the AI as much as possible

I plan to limit AI PP too

here effects file 

you can read it and make a better AI plan based on moves effects Smile

https://www.pokemonpets.com/effects.xls

Thanks, but I guess I will just wait until the AI's PP is reduced before I do ELO battles again.  I don't have enough strong pokemon to where I can tune a good ELO team and still be able to hunt  wild pokemon and Gym as well as I want to.  Those two things are a higher priority for me than ELO.  But thank you for uploading that link Smile
It for Ranks??? No wonder I'm so low ^^
[Image: 243hlav.jpghttp:]
> Maximum allowed turn count per battle is 500. If you can not win by then, you will automatically counted as lost.
Can I restart or Reset my Elo Battles?

I don't have a good team, now other players poking my account :V
(2016-06-04, 03:29 AM)Hououin Kyouma Wrote: Can I restart or Reset my Elo Battles?

I don't have a good team, now other players poking my account :V

how much points you have?

reset means 400 points
> Revenge feature of the ELO PvP League is removed due to system abuse for now.
thanx
updated

5 March 2020 - > If selected Pokemon of both players get fainted at the same round, the battle will be counted as draw and neither side will lose points
Dear fellow PvP Players.

I do not consider myself a bad Player. Got most of the meta relevant Pokémon. Do my research regarding attacks. Invest in new Pokémon. Hell, sometimes I even count the fast attacks to know when the opposing charge attack is about to come. Even watch some Youtubers (shout-out to Zyonik)

I really do enjoy PvP and it's probably one of the things that keeps me playing Pokémon Go. But as soon as you reach rank 20, it just feels broken. I managed to climb to 2200, but you are constantly falling. This has been going for a month now, jumping between 1900 and 2100. It just stagnated there. I am really starting to lose my motivation. It just feels like this elo ranking is broken.

Idk about you, but I just wanted to hear what you're experiences are.
- 2022.01.30 -

> The losing player of an ELO Ranked Battle will get revenge option against the winning player

> If the losing player uses the revenge battle, the existing ELO Protection of the losing player will be lost

> If the defender side of the ELO Revenge battle loses more than 10 points in that revenge battle, he/she will get 24 hours ELO protection

> To make ELO PvP system more fun and prevent possible exploits, we have modified the ELO scoring system.

>> Now a player will win minimum 1 point ELO score and will lose maximum 30 points ELO score per ELO League Ranked match