Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does ELO Revenge system works
Information 
Ok guys new ELO Revenge system is now live

I will write every case and what happens

Assume that we have player A and player B

Lets say player A matched against player B in ELO League match and won 14 point ELO score

Now player B can do revenge match against player A or discard that revenge

If decides to revenge against player A, it bypasses the ELO League protection system and the battle begins

This battle does not affect the ELO League protection shield of the player A if player A is under a protection

Lets say player B wins the revenge match

In that case player B will gain exactly 14 points which he has lost previously

In this case, player A will not get revenge option against player B since it was not an ELO league matched match but it was revenge match

Now if player B loss in the revenge match, the player A will get another 14 points from player B and player B will not get another revenge chance

In case of player B loss in revenge battle against player A, his ELO league match protection shield starts again but as said previously, this shield does not protection from revenge matches

Ask any questions you have

Now revenge matches bypasses ELO league protection different than before

We can further modify system if necessary in case of abuse etc or improvement
I dont like this idea of rematch still

Its like player will only gain pts. From newbies now 

If player a has 1600 pts. He get 99 points by beating player. B,C AND D. And 1 point from nubs. Like in p.04 each player etc

That means he can easily loose those  99 points when other rematch or  lverall gajn only 1 point

Yea it is better then previous when u loose more then gain but remarch itself.isn benefit

Another is a player which has 1600 pts he will never have less points then 1600. So it is like 1600 fixed till he dont elo

Reason is whatever he reduces beyond 1600 say 1500 he can get those 100 points just my rematches as all lose will be there for rematch.

So when a player get  to certain point it wil be like it is fixed and cannot be reduced
Suggestion :its obvious ghe peraon wjo is beating is doing more hardwork then those with only doing rematches

sonmy suggesstion is player who beat should have advantage and rematch player disadvantage as no effort is done with him to find that player

So i suggest 

If player A beat player b and gain 14 points
When player B do rematch he should gain only 10 points
So 4 points less  then he lost and playwr B do no effort to find that player A

That x variable which i take 4 can depend if users agree to this idea
(2016-06-15, 02:44 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Suggestion :its obvious ghe peraon wjo is beating is doing more hardwork then those with only doing rematches

sonmy suggesstion is player who beat should have advantage and rematch player disadvantage as no effort is done with him to find that player

So i suggest 

I didn't actually get what you said
i would agree with CeF as the one who revenges (player B) is actually gaining back the points that is lost by him.
player A still have chance to gain points by beating others.
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT AS WISE AS YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE YESTERDAY THEN YOU ARE WISER THAN YESTERDAY
(2016-06-14, 10:01 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Ok guys new ELO Revenge system is now live

Lets say player A matched against player B in ELO League match and won 14 point ELO score

If decides to revenge against player A, it bypasses the ELO League protection system and the battle begins

This battle does not affect the ELO League protection shield of the player A if player A is under a protection

In this case, player A will not get revenge option against player B since it was not an ELO league matched match but it was revenge match

Now if player B loss in the revenge match, the player A will get another 14 points from player B and player B will not get another revenge chance

In case of player B loss in revenge battle against player A, his ELO league match protection shield starts again but as said previously, this shield does not protection from revenge matches

nice Smile
[Image: ezgif-2-1ece84c32476.jpg]
(2016-06-14, 10:01 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: Ok guys new ELO Revenge system is now live

But revenge would ruin all the effort what one puts in getting high score... imo there should not be any revenge system Smile player like me (rank 1 in elo) would suffer then Sad  

It is better If challenger and opponent were online and online winner gets more elo points than offline winner.
(2016-06-15, 02:44 AM)kunwarkharbanda Wrote: Suggestion :its obvious ghe peraon wjo is beating is doing more hardwork then those with only doing rematches

So i suggest 

if others also support we can modify the system

we are here trying to improve the system and prevent abuse Smile
(2016-06-15, 09:58 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

So i suggest 

I support this
[Image: done_opt_1.jpg]

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin over there.
Support for kunn. revenge shouldnt give as much points. but i think percentage is better than base 4pts less. that would be a double whammy revenge on those who lose less than 4pts :p maybe around 70-80 percent from revenge will do.
(2016-06-15, 09:58 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

So i suggest 

though i didn't get this (bit technical 2 me) i still think that revenge system need improvement
so i support this 
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT AS WISE AS YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE YESTERDAY THEN YOU ARE WISER THAN YESTERDAY
(2016-06-16, 05:52 AM)StormSeeker Wrote: Support for kunn. revenge shouldnt give as much points. but i think percentage is better than base 4pts less. that would be a double whammy revenge on those who lose less than 4pts :p maybe around 70-80 percent from revenge will do.

this would be bettermethod 4 revenge system 
otherwise it would be unfair towards the first playerShy
1. ELO scoring system is to make sure that a good player gets a good ELO score and not the one who does more matches.
2. With the current system (revenge giving points equal to points lost), player's score will never decrease, since he can always recover the lost points by revenge (No-immunity from revenge makes this even eassier). So, all the active player's score will always increase. 
I don't like the idea of revenge getting less points that those lost points. If a low rated player defeats a high rated player(be it in revenge match), the high rated player should have a disadvantage. This is how the elo system works.
3. The old system (revenge giving points which depended on player's then elo score) was abused by players by doing only revenge matches. That is actually unfair under any circumstance. So, maybe we can have a minimum requirement to have a revenge match. For e.g. a player should play a minimum of 25 elo battles before he/she can have access to revenge battles. We can also set time restriction for revenge battles. e.g. A revenge battle must be done in 24 hrs from the loss, otherwise the option is removed.

This is just my opinion.
defeats the purpose of revenge battles if a requirement is put on them to be accessible. And ewith the 24 hours thing...the protection shield is an obvious loophole so thats just not viable. The elo system wasn't even implemented the way the people who came up with the idea wanted it to be, but either way the good players would be at the top lol. Thats just how it should be.
[Image: tyranitar_in_dragon_form_by_black_wing24-d47c29u.jpg]

Beat me? Ha, when Tyranitars fly...

~ch17175
(2016-06-24, 02:16 AM)ch17175 Wrote: defeats the purpose of revenge battles if a requirement is put on them to be accessible. And ewith the 24 hours thing...the protection shield is an obvious loophole so thats just not viable. The elo system wasn't even implemented the way the people who came up with the idea wanted it to be, but either way the good players would be at the top lol. Thats just how it should be.

If either way good players would be at the top then the previous system wasn't bad at all. I never said that this isn't the case right now. People are asking to reduce the points from revenge because the players having revenge put no efforts. I was just trying to convey that elo score need not be proportional to efforts. If we reduce the points recovered by the revenge to less than that lost, a player with more battles(Need not be a good player) will easily have a higher score. 

Besides, how is the purpose of revenge battle defeated by putting requirement to access them? The requirement will just make sure the players put in some efforts to have their revenge because the player who defeated them have put in their efforts. Otherwise, who would like to have elo battles ? Everyone will just want to have revenge if somebody defeats them. 

The current revenge system also fails the purpose of having a good elo team. Why does one require a good team if he can always recover all the loss by revenge? One doesn't even need to have immunity if he/she can recover all the lost points.

I can clearly see a loophole in current system. If a player is defeated by another player, he gets immunity for 24hrs. After 24 hrs he/she can revenge to have the all points back. So, one gets a free immunity by having just one revenge battle. 
Right now, what I can see is that if a player can defeat his opponents in revenge battles, his points will never decrease. And similarly if almost everyone gains their points back the only points difference will be the from the accounts which are inactive or are of newbies.
Little thing I wanted to point out is the Elo points earned from revenge matches are stacking. 
Player A beats player B four times before player A revenge matches player A so player B gains all points from the four matches by beating player A one time.
I shouldn't have to explain how this is an issue. A player should only gain the same amount of points from the revenge match as the other player gained from the last match he won, not all four.
Imagine if player A beat player B a hundred times before player B decided to revenge match player A.....
I only tested this on M3O though, I beat Geth the day before yesterday and gained a little over nine points, I beat him again yesterday for a little over nine points, he revenge matched me last night and got back the points I took from him for both days. Springlilies revenge matched a player that was lower Elo rank than her and she won over 40 points for beating him.
Not sure if there even was a limit put on it or not but either way a player should only gain the same amount of points that were taken from the "last" battle they lost, not every battle they lost.
(2016-06-29, 07:29 PM)Minordaddy Wrote: Little thing I wanted to point out is the Elo points earned from revenge matches are stacking. 
Player A beats player B four times before player A revenge matches player A so player B gains all points from the four matches by beating player A one time.
I shouldn't have to explain how this is an issue. A player should only gain the same amount of points from the revenge match as the other player gained from the last match he won, not all four.
Imagine if player A beat player B a hundred times before player B decided to revenge match player A.....
I only tested this on M3O though, I beat Geth the day before yesterday and gained a little over nine points, I beat him again yesterday for a little over nine points, he revenge matched me last night and got back the points I took from him for both days. Springlilies revenge matched a player that was lower Elo rank than her and she won over 40 points for beating him.
Not sure if there even was a limit put on it or not but either way a player should only gain the same amount of points that were taken from the "last" battle they lost, not every battle they lost.

we can make this

but in this case, you would only see the last time you are beaten in the page
elo score in top trainers ranking seriously reduced after numerous requests and complaints

now it affects 200k and previously it was 500k