Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Battle AI of the computer
Information 
> Hello guys. I just did an update to computer AI

> For Pokemon selection, it follows the order. So it doesn't have any AI in Pokemon selection

> It selects the first Pokemon, then the second, then the third etc.

> For Move selection it works as below

> First determines whether use status category move or not

> If the computer controlled Pokemon have any status category move, with 25% chance, it chooses one of the status moves that Pokemon has

> If decides to not use any status move, or if the Pokemon doesn't have any status move now the AI comes in

> It calculates each move's power with the following considerations

> It calculates Move's base power
> Then enemy Pokemon's type resistance against this Move
> Then accuracy of the Move. So the base power is multiplied by the accuracy percent
> Then the move's priority. Each priority gives 25% boost to the Move's power and each negative priority decreases the move's power by 25%
> Then it calculates the stab bonus. When calculating move's stab bonus, the Bonus Damage ability is also considered

> Then it checks these abilities and modifies the base power of the move according to these below abilities
> All Immunity abilities, Beyond Type, Expert Defender, Camouflage, All type Novice, Expert and Master, All category Novice, Expert and Master abilities, All types Mania abilities

> And finally according to the Move's category, enemy Pokemon's defense or spdefense is considered

> After all moves candidate powers are calculated, it sorts them by the power.

> Then it selects the moves with this way

> With 1%, the least power having move is selected (if has 4 attack moves, the 4th one chosen, if has 3 attacks the third one chosen etc)

> With 5%, the third least power having move is selected (if has 4 attack moves, the 3th one chosen, if has 3 attack moves, the 2th one chosen etc)

> With 10%, the second least power having move is selected (if has 4 attack moves, the 2th one chosen, if has 3 attack moves, the 1th one chosen etc)

> With 84%, the most power having move is chosen

> We can modify the system as you suggest. If you do not understand any part let me know ty

> This system applies to all wild Pokemon battles, all NPC battles, all computer controlled PvP battles and all ELO PvP League battles

> The AI currently doesn't consider secondary effects of the Moves and only considers base power. I am open to your suggestions to improve the system with considering secondary effects

> Guys here the effects file
> > Please read it and make strategies based on effects so we can improve the AI
> > https://www.pokemonpets.com/effects.xls

> 10 June 2016 - A Massive battle AI update has been made. The battle AI now considers all of the below factors. The only remaining thing is now status moves. If you make detailed suggestions, we can improve status moves usage as well

>> It considers all of the below abilities
  • All shield abilities such as: Shield Novice, Shield Expert, Shield Master, Bug Shield...
  • All mania abilities such as: Bug Mania, Dark Mania, Dragon Mania...
  • All novice, expert and master abilities such as: Accuracy Novice, Attack Expert, Bug Master, Critic Novice...
  • Move Expert
  • Beyond Type
  • Expert Defender
  • Camouflage
  • Assassin
  • Competition
  • Observer
  • Charger
  • Flame Body
  • Frost Body
  • Bonus Damage
>> It considers weather status and used move type

>> It considers following held items
  • Brutal Weapon
  • Razor Claw
  • Epic Hammer
  • All Crystals such as Bug Crystal, Electric Crystal
  • Mystical Weapon
  • Superior Weapon
>> It considers stab damage - Same-type attack bonus

>> It considers enemy type resistances

>> It considers attack category, attack type, enemy type, critic level of the attack

>> It considers the following attack effects
  • Double Power No Item Hold: Yes

• Power Increase Based On Stat Boost: Yes

• Power Increase Based On Stat Boost Foe: Yes

• More Damage More Foe HP: Yes

• Use Enemy Attack Stat: Yes

• Use Enemy Defense No SpDefense: Yes

• Damage Equal Level: Yes

• More Damage More User HP: Yes

• Opponent Current Hp Damage Percent:

• Power Increase Foe Hold Item Percent:

• User Current Hp Damage Percent:

• Constant Damage

• Less HP More Power: Yes

• Constant Random Damage: Yes

• Works Only On Sleeping Foe: Yes

• Multiple Hit

• Double Power If Goes Last: Yes

• Double Damage Half User MaximumHP: Yes

• More Damage As Faster: Yes

• More Damage As Faster Ratio: Yes

• UV Based Attack: Yes

• Level Based Random Damage: Yes

• Level Based Random Damage 2: Yes

• Constant Random Power: Yes

• HappinessDamage

• FrustrationDamage

• Double Damage Sleep Foe: Yes

• Double Damage If Cloudless Weather: Yes

• Double Damage If Cloudy Weather: Yes

• Double Power When Status Problem: Such as poisoned

• Double Power On Status Problem Target

• Power Equal Level: Yes
seems nice Big Grin
[Image: done_opt_1.jpg]

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin over there.
Nice system thanx
Good improvement, I like it
Quote:You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  -Winston Churchill
P.S. Unlisted you can't find me here ;-)
It's Awesome Smile , now our cpu elo teams will do better.

I have a question though:

While doing the calculations, does it account for the 'base power 1' moves. Like reversal, gyro-ball, night-shade, etc which depend on pokemons hp,level,speed and other stats.
I do not approve of priority modifier as its extremely inaccurate and should be removed.
Actual high priority moves have low power.
Low priority moves have high power.
Priority is already balanced, needs no modifier. Perhaps, only use strongest, highest priority move when hp is low.

Also, if AI can calculate Bonus Damage, it should also consider other abilities such as physical master and special master, type masters. Also, should consider camouflage and immunity abilities of opponent.

Recovery moves should have its own checking. If HP is less than a certain amount, try to heal.

If a comp can save the highest damage taken from one turn by current opponent, even better. You can decide when to heal or use priority moves with bigger accuracy.

I like that this pokemon AI doesn't check the attack and special attack of itself. That way, in elo pvp, the players who don't think much, using special moves on a physical attack for example are punished for lack of skill.
Not sure if this is too much to ask for, but:

Wondering if you could add a couple of tags to Elo team pokemon for users, which would change AI used. If so, we can optimize the computer for Elo ranking a lot.

It might mean a new interface for just Elo team though depending on how you do it.

Just came to me that moves like wrap and infestation are considered status moves by players as its too low powered to be useful as offense, but they are the best bleed/poison moves out there. So, maybe players can mark moves too. There would be too many special cases for AI to check for with the normal status, physical, special moves.

Moves like reversal, icicle spear, punishment, etc aren't being considered by flat base power are they?
(2016-05-18, 06:01 PM)SomebodyUnown Wrote: Not sure if this is too much to ask for, but:

Wondering if you could add a couple of tags to Elo team pokemon for users, which would change AI used. If so, we can optimize the computer for Elo ranking a lot.

It might mean a new interface for just Elo team though depending on how you do it.

Just came to me that moves like wrap and infestation are considered status moves by players as its too low powered to be useful as offense, but they are the best bleed/poison moves out there. So, maybe players can mark moves too. There would be too many special cases for AI to check for with the normal status, physical, special moves.

Moves like reversal, icicle spear, punishment, etc aren't being considered by flat base power are they?

I would like to add something to this:
Opponent pokemon's abilities like type immunities, type shield ,Camouflage and Expert Defender cannot be ignored. Otherwise ai can lead to non-effective gameplay.
eg.1.
Earthquake is super effective on gengar, so the calculation might result in choosing earthquake (with hogh probability). But gengar has ground immunity so would deal no damage.
eg.2.
A haxorus knowing earthquake would choose it (with high probability) against arceus-poison. But since arceus has Camouflage ability the type resistance would become 1. So, instead a dragon type move with stab bonus would deal more damage.
Read my post above the one you quoted, hotice. You're repeating me. Smile
(2016-05-18, 02:30 PM)hotice Wrote: It's Awesome Smile , now our cpu elo teams will do better.

While doing the calculations, does it account for the 'base power 1' moves. Like reversal, gyro-ball, night-shade, etc which depend on pokemons hp,level,speed and other stats.

no it doesnt calculate them

if you give me detailed strategy i may implement
> Then it checks these abilities and modifies the base power of the move according to these below abilities
> All Immunity abilities, Beyond Type, Expert Defender, Camouflage, All type Novice, Expert and Master, All category Novice, Expert and Master abilities
(2016-05-18, 09:10 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: > Then it checks these abilities and modifies the base power of the move according to these below abilities
> All Immunity abilities, Beyond Type, Expert Defender, Camouflage, All type Novice, Expert and Master, All category Novice, Expert and Master abilities

Hey Cef, can you confirm if this new system will make it harder battling with npcs, please?
(2016-05-18, 09:14 PM)Daeva13 Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 09:10 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: > Then it checks these abilities and modifies the base power of the move according to these below abilities

Hey Cef, can you confirm if this new system will make it harder battling with npcs, please?

yes it should make

also

all mania abilities are included too

> All Immunity abilities, Beyond Type, Expert Defender, Camouflage, All type Novice, Expert and Master, All category Novice, Expert and Master abilities, All types Mania abilities
(2016-05-18, 08:16 PM)SomebodyUnown Wrote: Read my post above the one you quoted, hotice. You're repeating me. Smile

Ohh, missed that point completely Tongue
(2016-05-18, 09:22 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 09:14 PM)Daeva13 Wrote:

yes it should make

also

all mania abilities are included too

Can i know the reason making the battle harder? If its for this new ELO system, all of the trainers like me who arent interested in that but just into making some gyms to get some money we get a bit penalized as doing the last gyms is already enough hard on its own
Mostly for the ELO system. Its true that later gyms are harder, but its more fun to have a challenge than a dumb randomizing machine to fight. With a decent team. Even the most effective AI will not defeat your pokemon though. We have plenty of great choices to use and win.
(2016-05-18, 09:31 PM)SomebodyUnown Wrote: Mostly for the ELO system. Its true that later gyms are harder, but its more fun to have a challenge than a dumb randomizing machine to fight. With a decent team. Even the most effective AI will not defeat your pokemon though. We have plenty of great choices to use and win.

I just do the gyms to get some gold, like lots of other people which dont have much time to spend on here. So for me having them made harder is not fun or useful. I am just interested into making my collection and i dont wanna waste time on harder fights. Just make this AI change only for the ELO fights if its so relevant to that.
(2016-05-18, 08:37 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 02:30 PM)hotice Wrote: It's Awesome Smile , now our cpu elo teams will do better.

no it doesnt calculate them

if you give me detailed strategy i may implement

OK. Here's what I think would be a good approach : 

Compare the speeds of the two pokemon. There can be three cases.
1.Both have equal speed: If it certain who moves first then that can be accounted to switch to case 2 or 3 otherwise choose randomly between cases 2 or 3.
2. If ai is faster than opponent then calculating the power is almost equivalent to calculating the damage.
e.g.  We know the current hp of ai so we can calculate the base power of reversal, flail, eruption, etc.
3. If ai is slower, we need a little of prediction.
 i.e. We calculate the maximum damage the opponent can deal to us in this move considering all their moves(without accounting the +/- 25% randomness or always accounting +25% for maximum). We reduce that damage from hp (For our calculations only). Then we know what will the hp of ai be after opponent moves and we can calculate the moves power.

e.g. AI is a heracross having maximum hp, which is say 300, facing some opponent which can deal at most 150 hp damage to it.
If heracross is faster than opponent, the base power of reversal would be 40*maximumhp/currenthp = 40.
If it is slower, then new hp = maximum(current hp - maximum damage,1) = 300-150 = 150
the base power of reversal = 40*maximumhp/newHp = 80.

Maximum damage can be calculated only if opponent is faster. Otherwise not necessary.
(2016-05-18, 09:37 PM)Daeva13 Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 09:31 PM)SomebodyUnown Wrote: Mostly for the ELO system. Its true that later gyms are harder, but its more fun to have a challenge than a dumb randomizing machine to fight. With a decent team. Even the most effective AI will not defeat your pokemon though. We have plenty of great choices to use and win.

I just do the gyms to get some gold, like lots of other people which dont have much time to spend on here. So for me having them made harder is not fun or useful. I am just interested into making my collection and i dont wanna waste time on harder fights. Just make this AI change only for the ELO fights if its so relevant to that.

Just a suggestion:If you don't have much time to spend on here, you shouldn't be battling last 2 or 3 gyms at all. The last 2 or 3 gyms already used to take plenty of time per battle that was much more than any other gyms. That was due to difficulty level. And for other gyms, I don't think the AI will increase it's difficulty level. The trainers of these gyms will still be easily swept.
(2016-05-19, 02:36 AM)hotice Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 09:37 PM)Daeva13 Wrote:

Just a suggestion:If you don't have much time to spend on here, you shouldn't be battling last 2 or 3 gyms at all. The last 2 or 3 gyms already used to take plenty of time per battle that was much more than any other gyms. That was due to difficulty level. And for other gyms, I don't think the AI will increase it's difficulty level. The trainers of these gyms will still be easily swept.

money has most value now, so it should be hard no matter what, 

Side note and suggestion for cef - for fightingg so many ello fights and getting zero gold is somewhat i dont like Big Grin we should get something there too.
And also there are few suggestions by hotice and me on a ello thread please implement them.
[Image: done_opt_1.jpg]

I am a Rank Freak. Now hold a legendary record of being Rank 1 in both games Pokemonpets and Monstermmorpg
Dont get confused over username though, it is jecklin over there.
guys here the effects file

please read it and make strategies based on effects so we can improve the AI

https://www.pokemonpets.com/effects.xls
While doing the boss battles, I realized that the ai predicts our switching of pokemon and then adjusts the move according to the switched-in pokemon. This is like a pvp between two players where one player knows exactly when and which pokemon will opponent switch. Not sure if this was intended, but since the players are given the option to decide the move without the knowledge of switching in that turn, the ai should also decide the move without the knowledge of switching. That makes it more fair.

You said that if a pokemon knows status moves, then with 25% probability a status moves is used. If a pokemon has more than one status move, does it use each of them with equal probabillity.
e.g. Ursaring knowing rest, scary-face, snore, thrash has 2 status moves rest and scary-face. Is the use of rest and scary-face equally likely?

I think the status conditions aren't included in the decision of move by ai. Status condition can affect the damage/moves base power.
e.g. Facade move's base power doubles if pokemon is affected by status.
(2016-05-26, 08:41 AM)hotice Wrote: 1.
While doing the boss battles, I realized that the ai predicts our switching of pokemon and then adjusts the move according to the switched-in pokemon. This is like a pvp between two players where one player knows exactly when and which pokemon will opponent switch. Not sure if this was intended, but since the players are given the option to decide the move without the knowledge of switching in that turn, the ai should also decide the move without the knowledge of switching. That makes it more fair.

You said that if a pokemon knows status moves, then with 25% probability a status moves is used. If a pokemon has more than one status move, does it use each of them with equal probabillity.
e.g. Ursaring knowing rest, scary-face, snore, thrash has 2 status moves rest and scary-face. Is the use of rest and scary-face equally likely?

I think the status conditions aren't included in the decision of move by ai. Status condition can affect the damage/moves base power.

1: they dont know your switching pokemon. how can they predict future Big Grin it works as you complete switch then the enemy computer attacks

2: all status moves are equal right now

3: you are right so i need your more detailed suggestions to improve
(2016-06-03, 09:19 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

1: they dont know your switching pokemon. how can they predict future Big Grin it works as you complete switch then the enemy computer attacks

1: I might have misinterpreted. I will test this thing to verify though.

2: So if a pokemon knows 3 status moves, does it use one of the status move with 25/3 = 8.33 % probability?

3: I am listing out the moves which needs the consideration of status on AI's or opponent's pokemon and when does it modify the computation.

Double the base power of the following moves given the conditions hold.
   Move :              Condition
1. Facade:           if user has status problem
2. Wake-up-slap: if opponent is asleep
3. Hex :               if opponent has a status problem
4. Venoshock :     if opponent has poison status

If the pokemon has Anger ability, and has any of these status: burning, poisoned, paralyzed or bleeding, then increase the base power of move by 40%.

If the pokemon has Flame Body ability, and has any burning status, then increase the base power of move by 50%.

These are a few other moves which I think might need some consideration as well:
1. Brine : Double power if opponent's hp is less than 50%
2. Avalanche,Assurance,Revenge : Double power if opponent doesn't have a move with less than -4 priority
3. Frost Breath : Since it always results in critical-hit, double the base power while computation
4. Gyro-ball: Base power = 25*(Opponent's speed)/(AI pokemon's speed)
5. Snore: base power 0 for the move if pokemon isn't asleep.
6. Synchronise: base power 0 if target Pokémon doesn't share a type with the user.
(2016-06-08, 08:49 AM)hotice Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 09:19 PM)CeFurkan Wrote:

1: I might have misinterpreted. I will test this thing to verify though.

2: So if a pokemon knows 3 status moves, does it use one of the status move with 25/3 = 8.33 % probability?

3: I am listing out the moves which needs the consideration of status on AI's or opponent's pokemon and when does it modify the computation.

Double the base power of the following moves given the conditions hold.
   Move :              Condition
1. Facade:           if user has status problem
2. Wake-up-slap: if opponent is asleep
3. Hex :               if opponent has a status problem
4. Venoshock :     if opponent has poison status

If the pokemon has Anger ability, and has any of these status: burning, poisoned, paralyzed or bleeding, then increase the base power of move by 40%.

If the pokemon has Flame Body ability, and has any burning status, then increase the base power of move by 50%.

These are a few other moves which I think might need some consideration as well:
1. Brine : Double power if opponent's hp is less than 50%
2. Avalanche,Assurance,Revenge : Double power if opponent doesn't have a move with less than -4 priority
3. Frost Breath : Since it always results in critical-hit, double the base power while computation
4. Gyro-ball: Base power = 25*(Opponent's speed)/(AI pokemon's speed)
5. Snore: base power 0 for the move if pokemon isn't asleep.
6. Synchronise: base power 0 if target Pokémon doesn't share a type with the user.

thank you very much for reply in such details

hopefully i am gonna make a super awesome update tomorrow which will 100% improve battle AI

when it comes to your questions

2: yes you are right

3: all of your suggestions and the ones you forgotten will be added to the system

I am planning to publish all of the things considered with examples

So you can check the list

The only missing thing in the AI will be status moves Smile For attack moves it will be more intelligent than players Smile
Another thing

Spam of moves like " snore " is done by ai but it always do 0 damagesincce the target pokemon is not sleep

So hope it is fixed and ai dont do those type of moves in spam and always doing nothing
> Guys here the effects file
> > Please read it and make strategies based on effects so we can improve the AI
> > https://www.pokemonpets.com/effects.xls

> 10 June 2016 - A Massive battle AI update has been made. The battle AI now considers all of the below factors. The only remaining thing is now status moves. If you make detailed suggestions, we can improve status moves usage as well

>> It considers all of the below abilities
  • All shield abilities such as: Shield Novice, Shield Expert, Shield Master, Bug Shield...
  • All mania abilities such as: Bug Mania, Dark Mania, Dragon Mania...
  • All novice, expert and master abilities such as: Accuracy Novice, Attack Expert, Bug Master, Critic Novice...
  • Move Expert
  • Beyond Type
  • Expert Defender
  • Camouflage
  • Assassin
  • Competition
  • Observer
  • Charger
  • Flame Body
  • Frost Body
  • Bonus Damage
>> It considers weather status and used move type

>> It considers following held items
  • Brutal Weapon
  • Razor Claw
  • Epic Hammer
  • All Crystals such as Bug Crystal, Electric Crystal
  • Mystical Weapon
  • Superior Weapon
>> It considers stab damage - Same-type attack bonus

>> It considers enemy type resistances

>> It considers attack category, attack type, enemy type, critic level of the attack

>> It considers the following attack effects
  • Double Power No Item Hold: Yes

• Power Increase Based On Stat Boost: Yes

• Power Increase Based On Stat Boost Foe: Yes

• More Damage More Foe HP: Yes

• Use Enemy Attack Stat: Yes

• Use Enemy Defense No SpDefense: Yes

• Damage Equal Level: Yes

• More Damage More User HP: Yes

• Opponent Current Hp Damage Percent:

• Power Increase Foe Hold Item Percent:

• User Current Hp Damage Percent:

• Constant Damage

• Less HP More Power: Yes

• Constant Random Damage: Yes

• Works Only On Sleeping Foe: Yes

• Multiple Hit

• Double Power If Goes Last: Yes

• Double Damage Half User MaximumHP: Yes

• More Damage As Faster: Yes

• More Damage As Faster Ratio: Yes

• UV Based Attack: Yes

• Level Based Random Damage: Yes

• Level Based Random Damage 2: Yes

• Constant Random Power: Yes

• HappinessDamage

• FrustrationDamage

• Double Damage Sleep Foe: Yes

• Double Damage If Cloudless Weather: Yes

• Double Damage If Cloudy Weather: Yes

• Double Power When Status Problem: Such as poisoned

• Double Power On Status Problem Target

• Power Equal Level: Yes
Whether you're a gaming enthusiast, a creative professional, or simply in need of a powerful workstation, a reputable custom pc builder Canada custom PC builder in Ottawa can turn your specifications into a reality. Here's to building and celebrating many more years of computing excellence! ?️✨
where every roll is a gaming journey through a vineyard of ventures and every building you erect increases your earning potential.
wdwdwq