Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How To EV/Train Your Pokemon (2018 Edition)
Hey guys! So a lot of you guys have heard about EV training but actually have no idea what it is. So you've been messaging me a lot about it so I decided might as well give you all a lesson. So here it is how to Ev your Pokemon - zap style.

What is an EV?

EV stands for effort values. They are are different to IV (independent values) since they are changeable at will. So what do they actually do you ask? All Pokemon can have a maximum of 510 EVs. They are then split into 6 groups. Attack,Special Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed and Hit Points (HP) . You can have a max of 252 in a certain group. For every 4 EV points you gain one stat point for your Pokemon. For instance let's say a Pokemon has 8 EVs in Attack then they have an additional 2 attack points.

How is this useful?

A correctly EV trained Pokemon is much more efficient as well as more stronger than a randomly trained Pokemon. This is because you are maximizing the Pokemon's strengths. This makes a Pokemon stronger since you have trained your Pokemon to become specialized in a certain job (e.g Sweeper). 

When Do You Need To EV?

For the first 17 badges EV training is generally not recommended as you don't need to really. For gyms 18 and 19 it is recommended you consider and probably Ev train your Pokemon. 

Where Do You EV train?

Do the following gyms for each EV point.

Attack - Martial City
Special Attack - Sakura City
Defence - Ferrous City
Special Defence - Sakura City
Speed - Power Center City
HP - None in particular, most gyms give a reasonable amount of HP

What Do I Need To Ev train?

Varies on what Pokemon you are training. However all EV trainers are recommended to purchase a Macho Brace and give it to your Pokemon since it doubles the EV points you get after battle. So in essence makes EV training 2 times faster. Purchase 10 of each of the 2 stats you decide to maximize. (Note : you can only use a max of 10 EV boosting items for each stat)

Protein - Gives 10 Attack EV Points
Calcium - Gives 10 Special Attack EV points
Iron - Gives 10 Defence EV points
Zinc - Gives 10 Special Defence EV points
Carbos - Gives 10 Speed EV points
HP UP - Gives 10 HP EV points.

Kelpsy Berry - Reduces Attack EV by 10
Hondew Berry - Reduces Special Attack EV by 10
Qualot Berry - Reduces Defence EV by 10
Grepa Berry - Reduces Special Defence EV by 10
Tamato Berry - Reduces Speed EV by 10
Pomeg Berry - Reduces HP EV by 10

So How Do You EV train?

Simple lets take one Pokemon for example and look at its Pokedex entry. Let's Pick https://www.pokemonpets.com/Shiny-Mega-E...edex-10530 

When EV training you want to maximize a Pokemon's strength. So first of all looking at Shiny-Mega-Excadrill's base stats, it appears to be a sweeper since its generally decent speed stat and its overwhelming attack stat. So this makes it a physical sweeper. So the correct load out would be 252 EV points in attack, 252 EV points in speed and 6 in Hp. When Ev training a Pokemon it is recommended to put 252 points in each of its top 2 stats. The remaining 6 is up to you.

So looking at the where to EV train list above it looks like we need to go to Martial City. We give our Excadrill a macho brace to speed things up. We keep fighting with our Excadrill until it has 152 Attack EV points. Upon defeating a Pokemon it will drop an EV stat! 

Once we have reached that we use 10 Protein to take it up to 252 EV points! (Like I said before you can only use a maximum of 10 EV boosting items for each stat) Congrats! Now we have EV one stat! Before you move onto your next stat it is reccomended you use berries to lower all the EV points you don't need so in our case we need Attack and Speed do Special Attack, Special defence, Defence and HP are irrelevant so we use berries to reduce these stats to 0.

So on completion a fully trained Excadrill looks like this - https://www.pokemonpets.com/SeeUserPokem...ID=2895794 

Is that it?

Yup! Thats all there is to it really! 

BTW if you are too lazy to EV train you can always pay me to do it for you or you can try my good friend @SurfinSamurott in game. 

Thanks for reading!

"I hate you"  - Cynthia Lord

[Image: 1zoc7wp.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes zap10's post:
  • CeFurkan
Yep I tried
C:\Users\Sparsh\Pictures\Top 36 poke's\Shiny-Mega-Legendaries\Shiny-Mega-Zekrom-Mist.jpg roxs and yours does bot
amazing thread Zap!
I hate Hot weather.
nice thread it's going to help me a lot
good thread
ty for the thread

pm me in game to get a legendary pokemon reward
That's pretty cool!
ghfghf
Amazing post, many thanks for providing us with this amazing and inspiring information.
I appreciate you sharing.
Recently, I discovered a lot of helpful information on your website, particularly this blog page.
Thanks for sharing.
I recently read your blog about how to EV/train your Pokemon and I think it's really helpful. It's great to have a comprehensive guide on how to get the most out of your Pokemon.
I recently read your blog about how to EV/train your Pokemon and I think it's really helpful. It's great to have a comprehensive guide on how to get the most out of your Pokemon.
Do you want to play racing game? If yes then click here to download traffic racer apk
If you want to explore some crazy aesthetic instagram captions then click here to to visit our site and explore best captions for your posts
If you want to explore some best happy birthday wishes for your loved ones then click here to explore our list of happy best birthday wishes
If you want to explore some best happy birthday wishes for your loved ones then click here to explore our list of happy best birthday wishes
I just finished reading your latest blog post and I wanted to express my appreciation for the valuable insights you shared. Your writing style is engaging and easy to follow, making it a pleasure to read your content.
Legendaparafotosozinha.com 
поздравлениесднемрождения.com
Frases Motivacionais 
Sonuç olarak, Traffic Racer APK, yüksek kaliteli grafikler, akıcı oyun ve çeşitli oyun modları ve zorluklar sunan mobil cihazlar için heyecan verici bir trafik yarış oyunudur.
COOL bro amazing
Traffic racer apk
I've been playing EverQuest for years, and I must say that the community is one of the friendliest I've ever come across. It's always a pleasure to group up with helpful and kind players. Also don't forget visit these blogs.
Top-Rated Home Products
Your blog is like a treasure trove of knowledge and entertainment. I've learned so much from your posts, and I often find myself coming back for more. Kudos to you for making learning and reading so enjoyable!

Read More
Wow, this resource has been a game-changer for me! The detailed explanations and interactive lessons have really helped me grasp complex concepts easily. Kudos to the team behind this amazing educational platform!
Buy Gold Plated Jewellery Online
betonline login
I highly recommend exploring Japan if you're traveling solo. The mix of traditional and modern culture, stunning landscapes, and the safety factor make it an incredible experience. Plus, the local cuisine is a treat!
Swyftx Login
bitbuy canada
Codeigniter Development company in India
Ambien, or zolpidem, can be a helpful solution for insomnia when prescribed by a healthcare professional. While the availability of Ambien for sale online may seem convenient, it's crucial to exercise caution. Purchasing medications from non-reputable sources can pose serious risks, including the potential for counterfeit or substandard drugs. Moreover, obtaining Ambien without a prescription carries health and legal implications. I strongly recommend consulting with a doctor before considering any online purchases, as they can provide personalized advice on dosage, potential side effects, and ensure a safe and legitimate acquisition of the medication. Prioritizing your health and seeking professional guidance is essential when dealing with sleep-related issues or any medication.
Xanax for sale
Buy Ambien online overnight delivery
Hey there! Working from home has its challenges, but I've found a few strategies that really boost my productivity. First off, creating a dedicated workspace helps signal to your brain that it's work time. Also, setting clear goals for the day and breaking them into smaller tasks keeps me focused. Don't forget to take short breaks to recharge your mind. And, of course, finding the right tools and apps, like time management or project tracking software, can make a significant difference. What works for you guys?
Swyftx Login
Bybit Login
Hey there! Working from home has its challenges, but I've found a few strategies that really boost my productivity. First off, creating a dedicated workspace helps signal to your brain that it's work time. Also, setting clear goals for the day and breaking them into smaller tasks keeps me focused. Don't forget to take short breaks to recharge your mind. And, of course, finding the right tools and apps, like time management or project tracking software, can make a significant difference. What works for you guys?
Swyftx Login
Bybit Login
Login Swyftx | Buy Bitcoin, Trade Option & Spot, Online

Strategies for Successful Option Trading on Swyftx Login:

1. Covered Calls: One popular option trading strategy is the covered call, which involves selling call options on an underlying asset that the investor already owns. This strategy generates income through the premiums received from selling the options, while also providing downside protection if the asset's price declines.

1. Protective Puts: Another common strategy is the protective put, which involves purchasing put options on an underlying asset to hedge against potential downside risk. This strategy provides insurance against losses if the asset's price falls below a certain level, while still allowing the investor to participate in any upside potential.

1. Straddle and Strangle: Advanced traders may also consider employing straddle or strangle strategies, which involve buying both call and put options on the same underlying asset with the same expiration date. These strategies are designed to profit from significant price movements in either direction, regardless of whether the market moves up or down.