Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some assorted suggestions
1 - The "Flail" abuse

Flail is by far overpowered to the extent that a team of Gyarados all equipped with Survival Armor could 1-hit k/o any NPC in the game (including the 19th gym leader's lv100 mewtwo). The Survival Armor keeps Gyarados alive at 1hp and then Flail executes typically for a few thousand damage.

I suggest that this attack be capped at 160 base power.

2 - Ditto

I understand that Transform is not really in the cards right now so Ditto has been given Tackle as a replacement rendering it basically useless. I suggest that instead, Ditto be given the following attacks:

- Mimic
- Copycat
- Sketch

It's not exactly the same as transform but I think it could serve as a reasonable workaround.

-- Option #2 --

Another approach would be to turn Ditto into a weaker form of mew and allow him to learn any of the 100 TMs. I think it's a reasonable extension of Ditto's nature to assume that since it's supposed to be able to turn into any pokemon, it should therefore be able to perform any move. Again this is not transform but it would work out well I think.

3 - The Starter Pokemon (non-shiny)

Call it OCD if you want but the fact that there are 2 big holes in the non-shiny half of my pokedex has driven me crazy the entire time I've been playing this game. Let's face it, most people don't use their starters past level 50, mine has been sitting in storage at level 40 or so for ages.

I suggest that some grass be added to the final Route 519 (Grand Monster Capital) where the 6 (or possibly 9 once their added) starters would be available for capture.

The other option that I would actually prefer is that a new zone #521 be added called "Winner's Circle" which would only be accessible once all 19 badges have been collected. In this zone you could capture the starters. 

4 - Staryu hoarding to climb the Leaderboard

It's no secret that the person currently holding the #1 position is only there because he has hoarded about 500 or so staryus (all at level 80). This is a pretty lame way to climb the Leaderboard so I suggest the following:

For the ranking stats of "Total Exp" and "Average Exp" have only the highest 5 of each type of pokemon contribute to the Player's score in that category. 

That is to say, if a Player has 10 Moltres where 5 of them are level 100 and 5 of them are level 80, then only the top 5 would be counted towards the Player's Total Exp score and the other 5 at level 80 would be left out. 

I know this would be somewhat complicated to work out as it would affect possibly other stats like Average Pokemon Exp and Average Level, etc.. but I'm just trying to bring attention to it and perhaps you can work something out to make it a bit more reasonable.

That's it, sry for the outrageously long post and thanks for reading if you made it this far ^_^
Nice post, I agree, but with point three, not many players have beaten the 19th gym, and the fact they get reseted every month, but nice point overall
[Image: 2i2mft.jpg]
What A Drag...
I'd poked Dark.Zero about something similar to #3 earlier this morning. Basically to enquire on whether it was "allowed" to have multiple accounts for the sole purpose of trading away starters.

Of course, I hadn't known that you couldn't trade starter type pokemon. The market kind of implies that you can, given that you can filter to only see starters. If you wanted to see the shiny starters wouldn't they be seen under "Shiny" in the first place?

I've not got to the 19th Gym yet myself, still half way through Steel at time of post. Struggling a bit since I've been swapping my team around once different pokemon hit 100. Good lord Lugia feels WEAK though... OP if you fight them in the wild or against trainers, but when your the one using one, seems to get 1~3 hit by everything.

But I digress. I do agree on having some option to capture the other starters. But I may have a different solution.

Darkvoid mentioned that the gym badges reset every month?
If this is the case, keeping the starters somewhat rare, could it not be considered an achievement of sorts to have collected those badges, and be rewarded with a random (tier 1) starter at the time those badges are reset?
Or a pick-and-choose of which you wanted.

This would take a minimum of 17 months to collect them all, but it could be adjusted to collect 1 starter at 9 badges, 14 badges and 19 badges.

Which would still equal 6 months to collect all six.
1 : maximum power will be capped at 300
2 : yes those 3 moves will be added
3 : you can change your starter from control panel - obtaining other starters will be only available via event and you cant trade starter at the market unless it is reward one

4 : First let me clarify. For the total exp you want only top 5 of each pokemon will be counted right ? And for avg exp it won't be touched or you still want that only top 5 will be counted ? I need to check this is whether doable or not but good idea

ty for suggestions
ok i will make cap at 300 since that is rather a strategic move Big Grin
i would say if u just use top 5 of same pokemon for totl exp then do that only if its max. lvl which it can be captured

if user get 6 lvl 100s mewtwo then 6th won't be inclued in total exp or avg not sound fair

i think it will be bette to include the 100s  even if all are same  or above certain  lvl  all same pokemon will be included
(2014-08-14, 01:14 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: 4 : First let me clarify. For the total exp you want only top 5 of each pokemon will be counted right ? And for avg exp it won't be touched or you still want that only top 5 will be counted ? I need to check this is whether doable or not but good idea

I had to read up to understand a bit better how rank is calculated so I should be able to give a better suggestion for it now:

Currently it is:

⇨ Category 1--- AVG EXP * DPS // Maximum Points: 300,000
⇨ Category 2--- AVG Level * DPS // Maximum Points: 300,000
⇨ Category 3--- Ancient Gem Count // Maximum Points: 200,000
⇨ Category 4--- Total EXP // Maximum Points: 150,000
⇨ Category 5--- Total Gold // Maximum Points: 50,000

Totalling a final score out of a million.

The categories that have a problem are 1, 2, and obviously 4. In these categories it would better to only have the 5 highest level of each pokemon type be counted towards the Player's score in that category.

Example: A player has the following pokemon -

- 10 staryus at level 90 with 4 million exp each
 - 4 oddish at level 70 with 3 million exp each

DPS = 2 (since both staryu and oddish are common >> 2 x 1 = 2)

Their score in category 1 would be:  [2 x (5 x 4,000,000 + 4 x 3,000,000)/9 = 7,111,111 // Maximum Points] x 300,000

Their score in category 2 would be: [2 x (5 x 90 + 4 x 70)/9 = 162 // Maximum Points] x 300,000

Their score in category 4 would be: [5 x 4,000,000 + 4 x 3,000,000 = 32,000,000 // Maximum Points] x 150,000

Categories 3 and 5 obviously are fine. I hope this clears up what I was trying to say in my original post.
Nice thread ariel. i agree with everything Big Grin
(2014-08-14, 01:39 PM)Santy Wrote: Nice thread ariel. i agree with everything Big Grin

Santy if changes comes to pokemonpets will also come to monstermmorpg dont worry about that Big Grin

I am always open to improve how top trainers are calculated
@ArieI alright i will try to implement these

take into consideration only top 6 of each pokemon - top will be done by most experience having instead of level to be more fair

also badge and fly maps reset will be every 3 month - instead of every month - so once every 3 months
Thanks for changing the maps and badges to three monthsSmile
(2014-08-14, 01:45 PM)CeFurkan Wrote: @ArieI alright i will try to implement these

take into consideration only top 6 of each pokemon - top will be done by most experience having instead of level to be more fair

also badge and fly maps reset will be every 3 month - instead of every month - so once every 3 months

Awesome !
[Image: 2i2mft.jpg]
What A Drag...
Thank you Cef for taking the time to read this. You've created an excellent game I'm glad to try and help in whatever way i can ^_^

Also very smart to select top by EXP instead of Level, I hadn't thought of that but it makes more sense.
thanx for resetting badges and maps after every 3 months from now on 
and top 6 by exp is a gr8 idea 

btw i would like shiny run count to get added in game  if possible
ok i managed to make it take top 6 pokemon

this changes will come to both monstermmorpg and pokemonpets
Hey CeF just a heads up, my suggestion regarding the "flail" attack that you will cap at 300, this would also need to be applied to the attack "reversal" (a fighting move that works the same way as flail). I didn't know about this attack until today. I'm not sure if there are any others that also use this mechanic and I'm not really sure how to go about finding them..

Edit: I tried searching through the move list for keywords like "40 /" and things like this that were written in the description of flail and reversal, didn't find any other move that works the same so this should be the only ones
(2014-08-15, 01:29 PM)ArieI Wrote: Hey CeF just a heads up, my suggestion regarding the "flail" attack that you will cap at 300, this would also need to be applied to the attack "reversal" (a fighting move that works the same way as flail). I didn't know about this attack until today. I'm not sure if there are any others that also use this mechanic and I'm not really sure how to go about finding them..

Edit: I tried searching through the move list for keywords like "40 /" and things like this that were written in the description of flail and reversal, didn't find any other move that works the same so this should be the only ones

it is game mechanic change

all moves uses same mechanic changes Big Grin
Nice suggestions Ariel! Flail was too imba indeed ^^, Ditto isn't useless now and starter events are started Big Grin
It was really ridiculous to hoard Staryus and to become the top trainer. I am glad that it is fixed Big Grin
very nice thread
i fight Because that's what i was made for                              [Image: view?resolution=2560x1600&file=MjM4OXgxO...g4Nl93YQ==]
(2014-08-13, 07:10 PM)ArieI Wrote: 1 - The "Flail" abuse

Flail is by far overpowered to the extent that a team of Gyarados all equipped with Survival Armor could 1-hit k/o any NPC in the game (including the 19th gym leader's lv100 mewtwo). The Survival Armor keeps Gyarados alive at 1hp and then Flail executes typically for a few thousand damage.

I suggest that this attack be capped at 160 base power.

2 - Ditto

I understand that Transform is not really in the cards right now so Ditto has been given Tackle as a replacement rendering it basically useless. I suggest that instead, Ditto be given the following attacks:

- Mimic
- Copycat
- Sketch

It's not exactly the same as transform but I think it could serve as a reasonable workaround.

-- Option #2 --

Another approach would be to turn Ditto into a weaker form of mew and allow him to learn any of the 100 TMs. I think it's a reasonable extension of Ditto's nature to assume that since it's supposed to be able to turn into any pokemon, it should therefore be able to perform any move. Again this is not transform but it would work out well I think.

3 - The Starter Pokemon (non-shiny)

Call it OCD if you want but the fact that there are 2 big holes in the non-shiny half of my pokedex has driven me crazy the entire time I've been playing this game. Let's face it, most people don't use their starters past level 50, mine has been sitting in storage at level 40 or so for ages.

I suggest that some grass be added to the final Route 519 (Grand Monster Capital) where the 6 (or possibly 9 once their added) starters would be available for capture.

The other option that I would actually prefer is that a new zone #521 be added called "Winner's Circle" which would only be accessible once all 19 badges have been collected. In this zone you could capture the starters. 

4 - Staryu hoarding to climb the Leaderboard

It's no secret that the person currently holding the #1 position is only there because he has hoarded about 500 or so staryus (all at level 80). This is a pretty lame way to climb the Leaderboard so I suggest the following:

For the ranking stats of "Total Exp" and "Average Exp" have only the highest 5 of each type of pokemon contribute to the Player's score in that category. 

That is to say, if a Player has 10 Moltres where 5 of them are level 100 and 5 of them are level 80, then only the top 5 would be counted towards the Player's Total Exp score and the other 5 at level 80 would be left out. 

I know this would be somewhat complicated to work out as it would affect possibly other stats like Average Pokemon Exp and Average Level, etc.. but I'm just trying to bring attention to it and perhaps you can work something out to make it a bit more reasonable.

That's it, sry for the outrageously long post and thanks for reading if you made it this far ^_^
#traineememberpost I agree with all o your points especially the ditto one since he needs some love